Guides and Info HTML5 Website - SEO and other optimisers?

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Ive created a website for the misses and was wondering how I can get it optimised for Google etc? It comes to the top if I put the exact name in the search but if I put hairdresser and the location it doesn't come up on the Google map (although I have created the Google business page).

Any ideas how I get the most from this and also get it on the results page?

Thanks

Many factors, it is now a absolute minefield in terms of some say this some say that.

But the best in my opinion is good content.

do you have Google Analytic's?

Check your bounce rate, this is important as it will give you an idea of how long a person stays on a page, and most importantly that a viewer will click another link without closing the browser... it is not good for someone to visit your site then 2 seconds later leave (exit).

There are so many things,

Page Load Times (slower sites rank lower than fast sites).
SSL it is now a fact that google ranks secure sites higher (how high lol who knows?).
Missing images and broken links (google dont like them).
Have clear and precise ALT tags for images.

Keywords (the words you want people to find when looking for your site).
Do not stuff your page with them google wont like that... but have a few so that they are targeted!
H1 tags (very important) try and have the h1 tags about your page but a few words only

IE pretend the () ar html
(h1) Satellite Dreambox for Sale (/h1)

Then make sure you mention those words above a few times on the page but again do not stuff them!

H2 tags (like sub headers)

(h2) Satellite Dreambox DM800 SE (/h2)

I will be honest with you mate, I honestly do not care any more I tried everything in the past and some things would harm us then others would boost the page, then the things that boosted you in a google update lol would harm you again.

Unless you are made of money and can afford the real SEO people (not the GMAIL emailers lol - I mean really, who would use someone to do SEO on a website from a person with a business GMAIL account!!!!!) then I would try and add content to the website that will attract visitors.

I hope some of this helped, possibly lol.

Mick

What about the google maps bit then? I have signed up and confirmed (with google) the business jobby but if I do a search all the other similar bushiness come up but ours :(

Back