HTML Form question

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys im coming up short here.
I wrote a simple html page that has about 5 text fields and 1 textarea.

What I want is when a user clicks on the submit button, i want the contents to be sent to the email address in the form tag in a legible format.
like so:

Name: jdsnkfv
Address: jhdkjfdjlf
Comment: jlffldkfmr

In the email body.

I also want in the same time the same content to be sent to the same email address as a csv file. Is this possible?

Is it possible with php mate?

i will have a read of it. never learnt it but guess i could give it a try.

am i doing something wrong.

I know a html doc starts with <html><body> etc

how does a php page start? is it <?php

because everytime i click on submit, it goes to the php page in the browser with all the code. it doesnt do what its supposed to do or am i missing something? do i need a php server?

Depending on what you're using, Windows?

Install WampServer. It's for development.

I'd assumed LAMP, sorry. PHP script starts with <?php but you need php installed on the server. In the first line of the html there's a reference to action= the .php script should be accessible from the web directory - usually in cgi-scripts. In LAMP you create a link to the directory so it can be found. If you're working on Windows maybe .asp would be better?

The board is sanitising out the code, well, I can't see it anyway.

leftarrow?php for WAMP.

Oh right, correct, the rest said:

... but you need php installed on the server. In the first line of the html there's a reference to action= the .php script should be accessible from the web directory - usually in cgi-scripts. In LAMP you create a link to the directory so it can be found. If you're working on Windows maybe .asp would be better?

The forum cut off my code lol never mind.

I found out if i put the code enctype=text/plain in the form tag it will do it.
Only problem is that it only sends stuff from text boxes and not radio or drop down boxes.
Got a meeting with the developer at work tomorrow so will see what he says.

Back