Network Provider HTC Diamond

pootas

Inactive User
Reaction score
Picked up my HTC Diamond on Orange yesterday....Got it home played with it (the phone) and thought it was a bag of shite...Too much lag and interface with crap...Anyways this morning though I'd try a new ROM on it before I take it back and ask for an exchange...

Gotta say with a new ROM Extreme 2.0 and a few reg tweaks it's probably the best phone I've owned...So much faster and smoother now with the few tweaks I've made...Defo gonna keep it now :)

I also have a Touch Diamond on the Orange network, after waiting for 5 months for it to be released, I couldn't wait for my contract to end, and the new phone to be delivered, and like you, I was dissapointed at first, but I installed HardSPL 1.40, and the official 1.93.405.1 and now I am impressed.
I couldn't be without it now.
The battery is a bit odd sometimes, but I always have a laptop and USB cable with me wherever I go, so it's not bad at all for me.
Glad you like it now. :banana:

Re: HTC Tytn 2 pro

Hi Guys,

When you change the firmware do you have to re-install all programs?

I have the slightly older Tytn 2 and its painfully slow in reacting - its a work phone so I am wary of messing around with it but really need for it to function quicker,

Any advise appreciated

Yes. When you upgrade the firmware on a PPC, all user data is lost.

There are backup programs available tht promise to perform a "snapshot" backup, restore. These do not work when you perform the type of upgrade you mention.

Phone book can be backed up amd restored easily enough though.

Is it worth upgrading?
Will the tweaked F/W make a noteable difference?
I can back up the contacts- and restore the data link to my server for work emails-
Is there anything else I should worry about?

Would I need the install disc for windows mobile or could I get that from the htc website?

Hello,

I'm new to this site......

I've got an Orange HTC Diamond and made some reg tweaks too and it's loads better. What is ROM extreme 2.0? Where did you find that?

Another question........

When you guys got your diamond did it have the orange software on? I mean like all the links to orange stuff?? is this a good thing?

Did you guys have to pay for the unlock code,
I'm coming to the end of my contract with my 02 orbit
and thinking of replacing it with a Htc Diamond

Did you guys have to pay for the unlock code,
I'm coming to the end of my contract with my 02 orbit
and thinking of replacing it with a Htc Diamond

Never mind I assumed the Diamond had to be unlocked first before
you could flash a new rom like my Orbit,
but after a quick look on xda developers I now know that it doesnt

Back