hp repair price

chronoman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Been trying to fix friends laptop for 2 months now but it def looks like dry solder joint/faulty motherboard so contacted hp support.
Laptop is about 18 months old and out of warranty and contacted support.
It was a short conversation. £267.61 to fix laptop THIEVING BARSTEWARDS ,they sell a shit laptop then charge the earth to repair it.
I will never recommend another hp product again.

Does anyone know resonable laptop repair centre as the guy on low income and £250 excessive in this day and age

cheers chronoman

Laptops are very time consuming to take apart, I think it's going to cost a few quid either way but hopefully not as much as HP have quoted, I suppose it's in there intrest's for you to just go buy another rather than repair it.

Laptops are very time consuming to take apart, I think it's going to cost a few quid either way

This is it with Laptops. They are a complete shit to take apart, but people don't take that into account. If you're doing your own gear, it's different, but when you're doing it for mates etc, it's a different kettle of fish altogether....

I try and avoid them at all costs these days, just not worth the hassle. The odd RAM upgrade might be ok, (depending on brand) but major repair work. No thanks. Not unless they are prepared to pay me in many, many fags as compo...!!!

This is it with Laptops. They are a complete shit to take apart, but people don't take that into account. If you're doing your own gear, it's different, but when you're doing it for mates etc, it's a different kettle of fish altogether....

I try and avoid them at all costs these days, just not worth the hassle. The odd RAM upgrade might be ok, (depending on brand) but major repair work. No thanks. Not unless they are prepared to pay me in many, many fags as compo...!!!

Always too obliging ,never charge other than parts .I like the challenge but always end up regretting it as i get stressed.lol

Been trying to fix friends laptop for 2 months now but it def looks like dry solder joint/faulty motherboard so contacted hp support.
Laptop is about 18 months old and out of warranty and contacted support.
It was a short conversation. £267.61 to fix laptop THIEVING BARSTEWARDS ,they sell a shit laptop then charge the earth to repair it.
I will never recommend another hp product again.

Does anyone know resonable laptop repair centre as the guy on low income and £250 excessive in this day and age

cheers chronoman

what make/model is the laptop as I have a few HP laptops here - motherboard fine but screen all cracked.

a m8 ofmine is a laptop repair technician, based in leeds, so if you nearby let me know

what make/model is the laptop as I have a few HP laptops here - motherboard fine but screen all cracked.

its a compaq presario v4000 (v4130ea)
I am in Scotland but am going to send too trilogic in Bradford as they quoted between £115 and £195 inc all postage costs dependent on fault.

Back