How too boot from cd on a dell lappy

Jooooles

DW Regular +
Reaction score
tryinging to boot from cd on a dell lappy im not getting the norm press any key but i am getting the safe mode option screen.

ive set all the defaults in bios and then selected boot from cd and ive tried a few different xp discs but none will boot (ive used them on other machines) so know there working.

anyone know how to boot from the cd help please

Its F12 for a dell laptop it sounds to me like the drive isnt working well enough to read the boot from the disc have you tried burning a new disc if that doesnt work sounds like your drive is gubbed m8

the drive may need cleaning with one of those lens cleaners, it worked for someone on this forum I remember reading recently.

the drive may need cleaning with one of those lens cleaners, it worked for someone on this forum I remember reading recently.

Yep https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/176980/

Thanks for input peeps i put a clean lenser disk in and after that the xp disk booted up straight away looks like a dirty lens was the problem thanks alot nice one :proud:

You still having problems???

I never usually recommend using a lense cleaner esp in a dvd or cd recorder. Only if absolutely necessary. Best off replacing the drive itself (they cheap enough) or get ureself a USB drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back