how to transfer stuff to hard drive??

prash_2k

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,
i've been searching tonz and tonz of fourms andcant find anything useful.

Basically i have about 5GB worth of music i want to put onto my 360 hard drive and i have tried everything!!

does anyone know of a fast way to do this??
thanks all
Prash

just plug your mp3/ipod into the 360 usb ports on the front and transfer its easy to do. same with your digi camera for pictures, or install media center to your pc and stream them that way, easier to plug in the usb tho and you wont need your pc on.

just to add you should be able to do it with a usb stick aswell if you dont have a mp3/ipod thing, not tried it but i cant see why it wouldnt work the same way.

just plug your mp3/ipod into the 360 usb ports on the front and transfer its easy to do. same with your digi camera for pictures, or install media center to your pc and stream them that way, easier to plug in the usb tho and you wont need your pc on.

Just to clarify, when you say plug your ipod into the USB port, do you mean you can play music directly off the ipod? You can't transfer stuff to the hard drive using the USB port can you?

Personally I don't transfer MP3 files to my hard drive, cos I use TVersity to stream stuff from my pc, mainly video files. I did used to use my Ipod Nano on my 360 by plugging it into the USB port as thommohawk suggested.

I seem to remember something about the 360 letting you rip music from a CD onto the hard drive, but it won't let you copy stuff over from USB. Am I correct in saying this?

you can play or you can transfer, i transfered my entire mp3 players contents to the hd via usb.

Interesting thommohawk, thanks for the tip.

I didn't realise you could transfer stuff to the 360 using USB, it didn't work the last time I tried it with my Nano, it would only let me play (but this was a while back). Haven't tried transferring since, I use it solely for playing games nowadays.

It would make sense to allow you to transfer files though cos otherwise the USB port is a little pointless. I'll have to try it with my nano again one day.

well as an update ive just re tried upping some files to mine and it wont let me now, they must have done something in the update as i dont own many music disks i put them on my mp3 player and all the songs on my mp3 player are on my 360 but i just tryed with a few new albums and the option isnt there anymore, very strange, theres no other way i got them on there as ive not got the tracks on any disks as said they where al on my mp3 player, looks like im going to have to burn the new ones and put them on that way as long as they have not changed the disk way aswell. i,ll keep trying it may just be me and im doing it wrong from the way i did it before as its been a lomg time since i did it.

yea thats the same problem i know u can rip AUDIO CD's but not mp3 cd/dvd's and i havent been able to find a ethernet or USB way to transfer stuff to the hdd....

looks like where back to square 1 guys lol :(

Im going to try this mate but carnt see it working as from what i have red you have to have the original cd, i have lots of mp3's on me pc wont to put them on the 360's hard drive, wonder if i can plug usb from my phone to the box and put them on that way as with me pc phone works fine putting them on or taking them off.

If you cant do it then it's 360 is pant's , bet you can with a ps3

I've tried pluggin in my mp3 player and alternately a usb stick but i can't see any option to rip or transfer the music to the hard drive.i'm only able to play them

Try one of these - > X360 USB

Works like a charm at connecting up your HD to your PC - Plus it can help if you ever feel the need to hook your DVD Drive up to your PC ;-)

Regards

q2

Got to say mate that i think it's the best bit of kit i have seen out there for the 360 Cheers man for the info ill be getting one.

Magic get me music on the hard drive and lots more, well cool mate

Back