How To Softmod A PS1?..

I have the old style ps1 mate. It does not say anything about about fitting a spring on the lid??..

You do fit one m8. The lid needs to stay open as you load an original first then the plug in chip freezes the load allowing you to swap original for your back up disc then you close the lid. It worked best m8.

Yes deffo Spring, I stll have one in a box with a couple of PS1's, I also have a PC Card n software to change the Firmware. LOL Mine has a parralell port on the rear.

Shite That takes me Back!

you can also use a bit of blue tack on the button that is pressed by the lid when its shut.

LOL i remember those

the 1st units of the PSX (playstation) allowed you to disc swap without needed any extra modchips/devices, just swap the disc at the right time and watch it load backups...

I personally always stuck to using a 12c508 pic chips, nice easy solder points and non of that swapping disc bollox :)

LOL i remember those

the 1st units of the PSX (playstation) allowed you to disc swap without needed any extra modchips/devices, just swap the disc at the right time and watch it load backups...

I personally always stuck to using a 12c508 pic chips, nice easy solder points and non of that swapping disc bollox :)

Agree with this mate, I always used these, bloody hell, i gave up on the number of these I use to do, and then there was the burning of the cd games lol, if I remember at a full 2x speed, unless you were quite rich and managed to grab a 4x speed burner lol, my first 2x speed was up around the £160 range grrrrrrr, yeap thats how long ago this was

ahhhhh, class

If you dont want to buy and solder a mod chip, try this, its in 2 parts, seems a bit of overkill, but i guess when you get use to it its probably fine, chipping is the best way, but this way is free :)

h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfGCz9shEGM&feature=related

h**p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-_9kQyyr_o&feature=related

Hope this helps you for trying to play backups as cheap and as easy as possible

oh, heres a place that sells the chips (Stealth 2) with instructions on the site or you could just buy the bootable disk for 24 dollars or so, thats it,

h**p://www.mod-chip.bz/catalog/playstation-c-25.html?language=en[/url]

there ya go mate, take ya pick, the boot disk is a bit like the ps2 swap magic, so easy enough :)

Last edited:
Back