how to set net id without any device

ghanchi

New Member ++
Reaction score
this will only work with pace di 4000/4010 models.
first you pull the red jumper. make sure power suplly is off, then replace after a few seconds, then attach cabel feed and hold ch up and down on the front panel of the box, switch power supply on and go staight in to engineer menu, set default frequncy and symbol rate, check if signals ok, for both dvb & data. once done pull power then replace while holding down the service button under the stand by button, wait till box starts updating then let go, wait 2 to 3 mins and presto, ur net id is set. .........make sure no card is inserted while you do this....... no more libby!!!!!!!

remember to set ur pin as well while in engineer menu

can anyone confirm that this method works???..i have a d4000 box which belongs to a friends friends freind..dont want to mess it up.

all generic langley boxes will set there own netid these boxes include ;

4001,4010 and the davic sammy.

boxes that will not set there own netid are all generic docsis boxes;

1000 series
2000 series
docsis sammy

docsis streams do not broadcast the required information to there boxes and the firmware does not support auto net id setting.this is why 4001's and 4010's cannot be used on excw streams!!

if you have a 4000 DO NOT DO THIS !!

TWOBEERCANS said:
all generic langley boxes will set there own netid these boxes include ;

4001,4010 and the davic sammy.

boxes that will not set there own netid are all generic docsis boxes;

1000 series
2000 series
docsis sammy

docsis streams do not broadcast the required information to there boxes and the firmware does not support auto net id setting.this is why 4001's and 4010's cannot be used on excw streams!!

if you have a 4000 DO NOT DO THIS !!

the original poster definetly got his box models mixed up, {it should have been 4001/4010

davic, dosics. langley all a bit too confusing for me at the moment..i think i need to do some research on this.
so its best that i do not try this method on my telepest d4000 box?

Back