How to run Zapstream on UR image.

ToneDeff

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well i've been bored today and decided to play about with network streaming, and was looking at "Zapstream" plugin that i think is used on PLi images,

it enables you to view stream over network using just the port 31344 and will change channel at same time as Enigma without restarting stream :)

the only streaming method i could find on UR at the moment was with all the vid aid etc etc in link and has to be restarted evrytime you switch channel.
e.g http://192.168.1.2:31339/0,0113,0913,091b

as zapstream needs an edited inetd.conf, the only way i've found to get this working is manually restarting inetd from telnet and pointing it at the edited cfg.

here's how i got it working, open attached .zip

1- ftp contents overwriting /var/
2- open telnet to box and do chmod 755 /var/sbin/zapstream
*3- in telnet do killall -q inetd
*4- now reload inetd with the edited cfg in telnet inetd /var/etc/inetd.conf

*you'll need to do steps 3 and 4 again if you restart box, unless i can find way to make it auto.

now just open vlc and and point it at port 31344

File > Open Network Stream > HTTP.. then dream.box.i.p:31344

52c9xu.png

a167au.png

once started if you changed channel there's about 1 to 2 second pause when it changes but you don't have to press anything on vlc.

you can also set audio priority in "zapstream.conf" i've set it to english.
on > audiochannelspriority=

i left in the old streamts method so u can still use that from vlc button in webui.

Edit:
to create a shortcut to watch stream on vlc, open notepad and put
http://192.168.1.2:31344
then saves as a .m3u file

and if anyone knows a way to makes this automatically start with box please post :)
i think it would just need
killall -q inetd
inetd /var/etc/inetd.conf
to be run at startup... can't seem to find a file for it though, a UR 18 swap guide guides mention a "var/etc/init.d/init" for auto cmd's

p.s
this has only been tested on a TM600.

Last edited:
if you don't want to have to telnet into box everytime you reboot, i've tried this method.

open notepad and paste
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
then save as "startzap"

ftp "startzap" into /var/ and chmod 755 it, then after rebooting just open Tuxbox Commander find "startzap" select it then choose execute.

Excellent work ToneDeff,

worked first time

Thanks csb

good to hear CSB

also i noticed earlier it doesn't seem to like changing channel from remote and sometimes won't change with it, but changing channel from webui it's always worked...

So far no problems with cannel changing here. Will keep you posted.

Have you got a different vlc player as the screen shot in post 1 is different to vlc1.0.5 goldeneye version I have?

Also is there a way of putting a shoutcut to "startzap" in the yellow button menu?

i've been testing it with vlc 0.8.6 in an XP vmware img, i guess either of those could be causing the problem :)

not sure about adding it to yellow button, i'll have a look.

hopefully i can find a way to get it to run script at startup though

Edit:
Just tested it again on a "proper" xp install with vlc 1.0.5 and didn't have any problems changing channel with remote :)

Last edited:
ToneDeff,

Update:

I've been giving it some serious abuse this afternoon with both remote channel changing and webui, and its been working spot on for most of the time. However vlc(win7) got stuck a couple of times and wouldn't even load a new vlc link.

Had a look into win7 task manager and it still had a vlc process still running. Killed the process and all back to normall. No need for reboot of PC or Enigma.

regards csb

good .. i use 086c and now streaming work fine. Thank you

this is excellent and nearly does what I want :)

I now have zapstream.m3u on my desktop which I double click to view the stream anytime :)

Now what I'd like to do is pick that stream up with VLC and re-stream it at a lower bitrate so that I can watch it with my iPhone over the web:)

I have managed to catch it with vlc and stream to a .asf file but want it to be an actual http or upd stream.

Help :) I feel so close yet still can't quite get it to work

I've had no problems at all with streaming any content to vlc and then to disk.

I find that if I change channel then I quite often have to kill vlc and re-start it but thats not major.

here's an installer with all files needed and set with the right "chmod".

just ftp the .tar.gz into /tmp/
then manual install from addons manager.

also included startzap/stopzap scripts in /var/etc/ select them with tubox commander to start/stop zapstream

here's an installer with all files needed and set with the right "chmod".

just ftp the .tar.gz into /tmp/
then manual install from addons manager.

also included startzap/stopzap scripts in /var/etc/ select them with tubox commander to start/stop zapstream

Tried out the new vlc and seems to work a lot better on w7 than before.

Haven't had a lockup on w7 yet, that was happening before.

Also still using your original installer file.

Thanks for not giving up. csb

Le Mans on the stream when the footy's on.

Back