How to revive this box?

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My father-in-laws TM600 will not boot up. He said there was a power surge or something in his area and the power went for about 20 seconds b4 it came back on. One of his TM600's booted straight back up but the other just sits there with the lines going round in circles in the display.

I have talked him through re-flashing it by serial cable which he did and everything went as it should but it has made no difference to the box. It still just sits with the lines going round.

How can he get it back to life?

have you tried pressing up button and powering on box at same time
alex

He's held the up button and re-flashed box using serial from here but still the same. He has also done a factory reset after holding the up button but it started "erasing" but didn't move off of 0%

oh well hope its still under warrenty could just be faulty psu rather than main board though
alex

power off, press and hold UP and power on, highlight factory reset, and press >

the receiver will go through a few bits, and then either start the wizard again, or sit with a black screen, and 0 in the display

if it starts the wizard, go through the routine and re-set up the receiver

if it sits with the 0 on the display, press menu, setup, service searching, and scan for channels

Thanks for help dd. Unfortunately when he tried the factory reset as you describe the tv screen sits on "erasing" and does not move off of 0% and the display on the TM600 continues to show lines going round in circles. Is there anything else he can try m8?

completley power it down for half hour, and try again m8, otherwise it should revive with a serial lead

I now have the receiver in my possession. It had been powered down for 2 weeks but will not do a factory reset as it just sits on 0%. I have tried flashing a new UR image via serial method but on power up it just stays on UR boot logo and the receivers front display shows lines going in circles (as shown in attached file). I then tried flashing an original technomate image via serial which must have flashed ok because the tv boot screen is now a yellow technomate instead of UR but still got same result on the receiver.

Is there anything else I could try or should I talk to technomate?

sounds like its knackered m8, how long have you left it with the spinning display? when the tm600 first came out, after flashing it used to do that for an uncomfortably long time before actually booting, but, if its still doing it after ~5 mins, id say its faulty

I have just realised that if I hold down up button on power up and then choose either

load default values (flash booting)

or

debug mode (flash booting)

The box boots up and start cccam fine. Any ideas why this is and if there is a way of getting it to work properly from here. It will even flash a new image via the lan button from this point.

Back