How to quit smoking

imprashant

New Member ++
Reaction score
1. You can't suddenly stop the smoking habit. It will take some time, just start cutting the number of cigarettes you have one by one daily. Like if you smoke 20 per day then next day do only 19 and then 18 until you reach zero.
2. Replace cigarettes with something else, like whenever you have the urge to smoke just chew chewing gum instead.
3. Excercise: Make a routine to exercise daily if can't just go for the jogging. The exercise and jogging will give you the high more then the cigarettes do.

PS: Please like, if you like my post.

1. You can't suddenly stop the smoking habit. It will take some time, just start cutting the number of cigarettes you have one by one daily. Like if you smoke 20 per day then next day do only 19 and then 18 until you reach zero.
2. Replace cigarettes with something else, like whenever you have the urge to smoke just chew chewing gum instead.
3. Excercise: Make a routine to exercise daily if can't just go for the jogging. The exercise and jogging will give you the high more then the cigarettes do.

PS: Please like, if you like my post.
If you can get me to quit cocaine, I'll give all the likes you want. :)

I stopped without cutting down so point 1 is not valid. I was on 20 plus a day for over 20 years I stopped cold turkey, Yes it was fecking hard but well worth it. 20 years smoke free now :) I cant argue with point 2 or 3 though as I used point 2 myself (feking hate chewing gum as much as smoking now lol) If I had agreed with point 1 I would have gave you your like ;)

Stopping is easy, not going back is hard.

i just stopped smoking its the only way, but i did fail to stop 100;s of times ;-) it only takes 4 days for the body to be free of nicotine the rest is psychological.

Smoked 30 a day for about 15 years, tried cold turkey and could not do it. Ended up going on E-Cig for last few years, problem with E-Cig it is always in your hand and always puffing at it.
Would “never” go back smoking again.
After i quite i did start feeling better.
(even with E-Cig)

Would still want more detailed research done on E-Cigs. But surly they have to be the better of the two evils.

Gave up over 8 years ago, lost my job and could not afford it, used a nicotine inhaler for a couple of months. Far better than the e-cig / vapour things as its a real steeping stone to quitting as opposed to a replacement and they are available from the GP

I was a 40 a day smoker and when my first son as born I stopped smoking that was 26 years ago :) wonder how much money I saved ?

With the cost of bringing up children you won't have saved too much. Check your bank account for an exact figure ;)

I was a 40 a day smoker and when my first son as born I stopped smoking that was 26 years ago :) wonder how much money I saved ?
Could be as much as £75000 mate thats taking an average of £4 a pack over the last 26 years mate. You must be worth a few bob ;)

in the region of £78.767 ( working on the price per pack at £4.15 )

ok so IANB posted while i was working out the price per pack ....

I stopped without cutting down so point 1 is not valid. I was on 20 plus a day for over 20 years I stopped cold turkey, Yes it was fecking hard but well worth it. 20 years smoke free now :) I cant argue with point 2 or 3 though as I used point 2 myself (feking hate chewing gum as much as smoking now lol) If I had agreed with point 1 I would have gave you your like ;)
Good for you. Enjoy healthy lifestyle.

To successfully stop smoking, you'll need to not only change your behavior and cope with nicotine withdrawal symptoms

My dentist said to me I can choose: Teeth or smoking...
Then it was easy

Back