How to obtain a Motorola mac?

name750

Inactive User
Reaction score
I hear guys on here talk about putting moto macs on ambits and surfboards.
How do you scan for other macs other than 120's which is all i've ever seen.
I tried ethreal the other day.
Got about 2500 addresses and still all were 120's.

name750 said:
I hear guys on here talk about putting moto macs on ambits and surfboards.
How do you scan for other macs other than 120's which is all i've ever seen.
I tried ethreal the other day.
Got about 2500 addresses and still all were 120's.

they are rare, u just have to keep scanning, u know u cant use the ones off ur own gateway.

i think they are just rare m8 ill scan for some for u coz u can use the ones from my gateway as ur close to me :D :Cheers:

So what would you use to scan with?
I don't think dhcp force would work? i never seenanything else othe than 120's.
Also when peeps talk about they got a 200 mac.
What do you use to get them with as well?

dhcp does work mate, just moto macs are ALOT rarer, some areas mite not have one subscribed, or have one or 2, keep scanning, if nothin shows after a week, u are unlikely to get one

name750 said:
So what would you use to scan with?
I don't think dhcp force would work? i never seenanything else othe than 120's.
Also when peeps talk about they got a 200 mac.
What do you use to get them with as well?

dhcpforce will pick them up bout as i say they are rare the chances theres any on your gateway is about 5% thats a ruff est m8

moto macs are also being knocked out whether on ambits or not, I have been using surfboard macs on ambit 100/120/200 and they have all gone down. The problem does seem limited to 3mb lines as they are being upgraded to 10mb, 1 and 2 mb macs are still going. the pin 11 mod only works on the 100/120 and only IF it is done properly, easiest way is to cut the track in 2 places so that the track is disabled physically, the modem needs to boot without the 3.3v and then have the 3.3v applied straight after boot up, momentarily open touch switches are good for this.
Fed up cos I've just subscribed as I was having such an arse ache getting things running smoothly and getting knocked out so I will be doing some more experiments shortly.

ferkyew said:
moto macs are also being knocked out whether on ambits or not, I have been using surfboard macs on ambit 100/120/200 and they have all gone down. The problem does seem limited to 3mb lines as they are being upgraded to 10mb, 1 and 2 mb macs are still going. the pin 11 mod only works on the 100/120 and only IF it is done properly, easiest way is to cut the track in 2 places so that the track is disabled physically, the modem needs to boot without the 3.3v and then have the 3.3v applied straight after boot up, momentarily open touch switches are good for this.
Fed up cos I've just subscribed as I was having such an arse ache getting things running smoothly and getting knocked out so I will be doing some more experiments shortly.

nice post m8, i though it only worked on the 100 120. cheers

You just confirmd my theory that pin 11 does not work.
It can't if you've been driven to subscribe.
You should really if you can't do without the net.
It's only fare.
Interseting that you say cut the track.
I did buy a nice little swith to try it though.
Before i used to have it on all the time with a connector block so i could put more macs on.
It never updated,but it never worked either.
A nice picture of where to cut would be good.
Id have a play around with it.
So with the track cut is it full proof or is it luck of the draw wether you get updated or not?

Last edited:
name750 said:
You just confirmd my theory that pin 11 does not work.
It can't if you've been driven to subscribe.
You should really if you can't do without the net.
It's only fare.
Interseting that you say cut the track.
I did buy a nice little swith to try it though.
Before i used to have it on all the time with a connector block so i could put more macs on.
It never updated,but it never worked either.
A nice picture of where to cut would be good.
Id have a play around with it.
So with the track cut is it full proof or is it luck of the draw wether you get updated or not?

here ya go, just cut the track here!!! have fun

They think of everything.
No wonder it never worked.
I jst put it on pin 11.
Now there's no mistaking what to do now.
So what's the exact proccess.
Switch off.
Boot up.
Switch on.
Sounds good.
If it works then can everyone stop moaning now.
Except me that is???
A less scary way to solder the wire on pin 11 is paint nail varnish either side of pin 11 so it wont stick to them.
Any old nail varnish will work but the one your wife has called chanel works best.
Use it, she wont mind.
She'll understand that internet is more important than makeup????

name750 said:
They think of everything.
No wonder it never worked.
I jst put it on pin 11.
Now there's no mistaking what to do now.
So what's the exact proccess.
Switch off.
Boot up.
Switch on.
Sounds good.
If it works then can everyone stop moaning now.
Except me that is???
A less scary way to solder the wire on pin 11 is paint nail varnish either side of pin 11 so it wont stick to them.
Any old nail varnish will work but the one your wife has called chanel works best.
Use it, she wont mind.
She'll understand that internet is more important than makeup????

Yea what about if the cc ends all service to thos running the old firmware, which i think is going to happen!!!!!!!!

Back