How to move a program files folder from C

For the command to work you have to use the punctuation marks shown in the beginning of the thread.
something like.... robocopy "c:\program files" d:\program files /sec

As I have copied and pasted i have missed these and they have sort of got lost. (Blushes) Sorry about that. I am a little concerned that you might make a bit of a mess using the move cmd. I am going to add a couple of links for you to peruse. this first link is for a front end that you might find more easy to use than the cmd line.
Add a Graphical User Interface (GUI) to the Microsoft Robocopy Command Line Tool

RoboCop RoboCopy

robocop robocopy - Yahoo Video Search results
These links are some video's on one of the robocopy gui. You might like them but you might just want to use this once. Anyway they are there if you want them.

in the second part .........
robocopy "c:\program files\Epic Games" e:\program files\Epic Games/sec /move /e
omit the move cmd for now, then it will not delete the original folder until you are happy with the copy so it will been something like.....
robocopy "c:\program files\Epic Games" e:\program files\Epic Games/sec /e
Just to be safe

Its a bit old school this way of doing things rather than the GUI but its nice, :).
hope this lot is helpful. but its only my thoughts.

in the second part .........
robocopy "c:\program files\Epic Games" e:\program files\Epic Games/sec /move /e
omit the move cmd for now, then it will not delete the original folder until you are happy with the copy so it will been something like.....
robocopy "c:\program files\Epic Games" e:\program files\Epic Games/sec /e
Just to be safe

You mean d: and not e: right?
robocopy "c:\program files\Epic Games" d:\program files\Epic Games/sec /move /e

Yes D: in your case. Sorry. But like i said leave the move out for now just until you can copy it ok, You can rename the original folder once you are happy that everything is ok. Then use the mklink cmd. assuming everything is good then delete the original folder. You dont really have to be this neat but i just like it this way.
The mklink is cd program files so change back to the program files directory where your games folder was. at the prompt cd "program files" press enter then put in the mklink. cmd......... mklink epic games d:\program files\epic games /j
dont forget to change directory and remember you can't have the folder on the c: with the same name as the junction.
hope that's ok

Hi Guys,
After that (copy) also check the environment variable "Path" (Be Careful). If you find any "old" entry pointing on old location of the recent moved folder.
Hope it helps!

Back