how to make an easy web page and copyright my pic's?

gsim

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all i am looking to make a easy web page to view all my pic's on that i've took. and can i copyright them as well

thanks guys

gsim

you can use a thing called batch image resizer, you can use it to put a water mark on your pics saves you editing them one by one.

have a look for a host that has coppermine, it's quite good.

pm me i can send you a host thats free hosting if you like..

h**p://coppermine-gallery.net/

Copyright is automatic on anything you write or photos you take.

Just put a line on the site, such as:

'All content and photographs are copyright and may not be used without permission'

Copyright is automatic on anything you write or photos you take.

Just put a line on the site, such as:

'All content and photographs are copyright and may not be used without permission'

no m8 you must have it say its copyright or people can copy in the public domain.
ie traid mark (tm)

unfortunately that wont stop anyone from saving them when they visit your site, or from copy/pasting your text.

Have you considered something as simple as disabling the right mouse click on your page? This will stop people from saving images and (to some extent) stop people from copying text (it can still be done via ctrl-c and the edit menu). You can use a really small peice of javascript to do this.

unfortunately that wont stop anyone from saving them when they visit your site, or from copy/pasting your text.

Have you considered something as simple as disabling the right mouse click on your page? This will stop people from saving images and (to some extent) stop people from copying text (it can still be done via ctrl-c and the edit menu). You can use a really small peice of javascript to do this.

no your right but people like us dont care anyway but for pics you need to put copyright so they cant but theres softwere to take it off but people in general people dont know this.

Last edited:
no m8 you must have it say its copyright or people can copy in the public domain.
ie traid mark (tm)

Anything you write or photos you take are automatically copyright to you. No question.

Trade mark is a totally different thing.

Anything you write or photos you take are automatically copyright to you. No question.

Trade mark is a totally different thing.

if it does not say copyright anyone by law could take because it has no copyright.
my wedding pics have on the backs copy right so no one will copy prints but if threr is no copy any one can copy this is by law

true, a trademark is a seperate thing entirely - you couldnt really use a phot as a trademark.

however, to prove your copyright you would need to mark the image, a statement doesnt suffice

true, a trademark is a seperate thing entirely - you couldnt really use a phot as a trademark.

however, to prove your copyright you would need to mark the image, a statement doesnt suffice

thats right that all i mean .
if i could copy somthing copy right or not i would save money

http://photobucket.com/ lets you store all your pics mate, you can make them private or public, resize, alter etc etc. You can show them to anyone online as a gallery, slide show, or keep them private. You can keep certain pics private, certtain ones you can make public, you can do all sorts mate.

It is like your home collection, you choose who sees which pics.

Not sure if they let you watermark them, but there is software out there that will let you watermark your own pics, just Google free watermarking software, or simila
r.

Last edited:
You only have to state on your website that all content are copyright.

Anyone could still copy it, it's not criminal, but you could claim damages in civil court.

You don't have to do anything to make the photos copyright.

I say again, they are your copyright as soon as you take the photo.( whether you have marked the photos or not.

You only have to state on your website that all content are copyright.

Anyone could still copy it, it's not criminal, but you could claim damages in civil court.

You don't have to do anything to make the photos copyright.

I say again, they are your copyright as soon as you take the photo.( whether you have marked the photos or not.

i know what your saying m8 its true ,but you cant stop people copying if it doesnt say copyright in the pic ,i am not saying it is or is not just putting copyright

pics

i'll just do what digicol says guys. i'll just make the image size small file size. i'll let you's know how i get on..

cheers gsim

pics

yes thats it m8. so u can see them ok yes? need to upload more.. lol. can people comment on them as well on that site do u know m8?

thanks gsim

Yes mate I can see them.

Not sureon comments mate, I just use it to store my pics that I need to upload online. Don't think I have ever scratched the sruface.

If you want comments on your pics have you ever tried MySpace? Other sites like Bebo and MyFace are there but I have never touched them.

MySpace I tried just to see what it was all about, and that was enough for me, lol. But for what your after I think it would be awesome.

You can have a homepage about yourself with your pics and vids linked to it and it does let you leave comments on them, also you have your own blog which you can add to if you feel the need.

http://www.myspace.com/

I really think that is what your after, but also look at the others and do one there, Bebo and MyFace I think they are, as I say I have never bothered with the others but the kids say they are better, hmmmm, if they say they are then they must be!!

pics

lol ok m8 thanks for that i'll try my space or something . to see if i get any feedback on some of them. not sure how to use myspace but i'll find out when i go on and try lol.

thanks graeme and i'll let you's know how i get on cheers guys

Back