How to make a proxy

CrazyFool

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
i need a proxy server of my own to input into jdownloader so i can download some filth :)

dont really want to use the public ones as somebody is always downloading through them.

I followed this guide on youtube and i made my own proxy site using google app engine and python but somehow i dont think that is it?

My Proxy Server

I'm trying to make a proxy with numbers in it and a port like 8080.

Any help is much appreciated,
Kind Regards,
CrazyFool

You need a program like wingate or ccproxy or squid for linux, but these all require full access to the box running them, what filth you after you need a proxy for tho :Biggrin2:

Cheers for that buddy,
I took the liberty of google defining filth:

any substance considered disgustingly foul or unpleasant

:p:p:p

anywho, back to the source of the problem,
with something like ccproxy, does it just make my external IP address into a proxy for other people to use and i would have to keep my computer on all of the time?

All of the guides on the interwebs point towards making a proxy website from scratch, and i even had a go at making one. can i not make a proxy like one of them but instead of having to go to my home made proxy site to become anonymous, can i not make a proxy in the form of an ip address and port to inpuu into firefox/jdownloader settings?

Cheers again,
CrazyFool

The whole point of a proxy is that you connect to it on you home pc and then no one can trace your IP as it's not yours but the proxy

so to achieve this you would need a anonymous PC and Internet connection that cannot be traced back to you and then install a proxy server of some type, for the home user it going to be expensive,next to impossible to achieve the anonymous part

so simple choice rent one

https://www.relakks.com

not sure if that will do what you need it to do but have been told it one of the better ones

When I looked into doing this myself I realised it is; too expensive, too limited, too difficult, too problematic and feckin hassle. Skip it, best to rent access as phawk754 says.

Thanks for that guys,
is there a free alternative?
there are so many guides on creating a proxy site for anonymous browsing. why should it be any more difficult to be able to create a proxy for anonymous downloading?

sorry about this, i just dont queit understand the difference,

Kind regards,
Crazyfool

the hard part is getting it to be anonymous ,you connect to the proxy so what ever pc you have installed the proxy server on can not be trace back to you ,,so setting it up on your home pc will not work as the ip you use has been log by your isp

so it will not be anonymous so you are looking for a server that you can install a proxy prog on ,which can not be trace back to you by payment or any other means and this pc can not log any ip that connect to it

as there can pull the logs of the server and find out who has log into the server

If you want to do anonymous downloading then I can't see how you can host the proxy without it being traced back to you.

sorry i may have mixed up my objectives.
i dont give two dicks about anonymity
i just wantr to download multiple files at once from servers like rapidshare and megaupload

why do you need the proxy then? jdownloader must work without it, downloading p0rn aint illegal, who cares what your isp sees it's bugger all to do with them.

As stated to get a remote proxy you either need to rent one or rent a dedicated server or get a friend to do it on there machine, still confused as to why it's really needed.

Its needed because on the free account, rapidshare and megaupload limit your downloads on the free service.

I am unsure if this is done purely on IP address, we have 160,000 PC at work sharing half a dozen proxies and I can download OK from rapidshare. I am pretty sure other people are using it at work as well.

There are workarounds for rapidshare available, for example,

How to work around Rapishare free download intervals.

Though I am sure there is newer information available.

TBH, I would advise either pay (or split with a friend) for a rapidshare or better still a usenet account.

Well if it's to get past D/L limits you need something like TOR then you can rotate ip's, really will be a PITA tho.

Change the MAC address that your router is spoofing and restart your modem. If cable, that is.

jdownloader works but most servers cap how much you can download.
with a proxy i can change my ip thereby making me look like another computer so i can download again immediately from the same server.

this is not about hiding from my isp or doing illegal stuff.

Thanks,
CrazyFool

Change the MAC address that your router is spoofing and restart your modem. If cable, that is.

That would not be any good for concurrent downloads. Only useful to get around download caps.

Back