how to install mgcamd on commando 14.7

hamza6666

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Hope your all ok,

Just wanted to ask how do you install mgcamd on commando 14.7 At the moment i have cccam but want to install mgcamd because vast majority of people are saying its better so i wanted to try it out. Can you tell me where i can download the mgcamd files, and how i would go about installing it. Your help will be appreciated.

Best to go to Commando 15.

Download from
mgcamd_1.38 for Comando 14.7 - Downloads - Digitalworldz

An unfinished guide:-

The correct file name for the emulator is "mgcamd". Rename it if necessary by deleting any version numbers or extension types. It must be just "mgcamd". For example "mgcamd.ppc_old" should be named "mgcamd".

Transfer "mgcamd" to the "/var/bin/emu/" folder. There is no need to change file permissions (chmod 755). Commando will do this for you.

Other required files:
In addition to the config files mgcamd and evocamd need the libcrypto.so.0.9.7 file to work. Commando does not have this installed by default. However, it is attached in the download package for those who require it.

Extract "libcrypto.so.0.9.7.rar" and open the extracted folder. Transfer "libcrypto.so.0.9.7" to the "/var/lib/" folder. It has to have a minimum of 644 file attributes.

Config files:
The two required config files are "mg_cfg" and "newcamd.list" These must be transferred to the "/var/keys/" folder.

Press Blue > Menu > Red to enter the Softcam menu. Start the emulator/s you require.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow thanks for that quick reply, looks easy i just dont get one thing, when i extract libcrypto.so.0.9.7.rar file and put it in the correct folder, what do you mean by having a minimum of 644 file attribute? do i have to edit something?

wow thanks for that quick reply, looks easy i just dont get one thing, when i extract libcrypto.so.0.9.7.rar file and put it in the correct folder, what do you mean by having a minimum of 644 file attribute? do i have to edit something?

It is the file permision of the file.

So you would ftp over the libcrypto.so.0.9.7 file, highlight the file then right click it and select chmod. The give the file 644 or above.

ohh ok lol i thought it would be easy as just installing cccam but thanks for telling me about the editing bit otherwise i would of been lost lol. My problem is i have DCC in a diffrent language lol i need to download a english version!! haha. Just a quick question do u think its worth trying mgcamd and leaving cccam.

it will not let me download the file :( is there not any other link?

for anyone reading this make sure the box type is set to 00 (AUTO) in the mg_cfg as it doesnt work on 06(dreambox) or 01(dbox2),regards mdt

P.S. cracking image BTW

guys i cant get the channels to work i done everything you said put it in the right place...how do i change the box type?

ahh dont worry i got them working i figured it out lol.. Thanks for all your help guys you have been very helpful thank you so much!!!!

hi guys am I missing something here, mgcamd??? what channels are clearing with this softcam? 28.2 i assume if its for the commando image? sounds interesting.

you need the card as well not just the softcam

just in case you not sure

hi guys am I missing something here, mgcamd??? what channels are clearing with this softcam? 28.2 i assume if its for the commando image? sounds interesting.

i heard mgcamd is better than cccam thats why i wanted to try it, i heard its more stable and has other benefits is well. So far so good for me!

i heard mgcamd is better than cccam thats why i wanted to try it, i heard its more stable and has other benefits is well. So far so good for me!

Does it clear the channels that cccam can't ie setanta sports 1 etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I need to do some more reading it seems, I'm using pli here and cccam only, how does the re-sharing work out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Does it clear the channels that cccam can't ie setanta sports 1 etc

[/URL]

O***_S*****_C**********_A*****_M***** can do what you want and send out via Nigel or Clive,regards mdt

i cant get any channels in the sports boquet to clear or come one..all other boquets are fine, evrything in them is clearing...is this a cam issue or have the channels simply moved frequenciy and i need to manual scan them ?..ive ran the autoboquet maker and have downloaded the latest st.xml file from with in the image...but still none are clearing?

ignore above woke up this morning all boquets working, specially the sports boquet...

Back