how to get pc to always connect to wireless network?

motsey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i have a wireless netowkr and i have 2 computers both on winxp but one is on a stripped down version of it and it is that computer im having a problem with, the other computer when i turn it on logs stright onto the wireless netowork automatically but the stripped down version dose not it says wireless networks found and then you have to click on my network and connect entering the password everytime which is getting anoying and plus i want to turn ssid off but cant as the stipped down version of xp wont find the network so i can connect to it

i have done the same for both computers added my network into the prefered network box and ticked connect when network is in range but when i restart the computer is it not there any more!

is there a way i can put a link into the start menu or registery so it auto connects to that network??

-Thanks

put it on the table in front of you shake your finger at it and tell it to stop being naughty or else
sorry could not help myself

what do you mean by static ip? from the routher i have given both computers mac's there own ip so they always use that ip > do you mean set up the computer with the ip/gateway address etc to the router but will that help if the wireless network is not connected auto it wont find the ip address untill the wireless network is connected to?

right click on your wireless icon by the clock and click on "view available wireless networks"
then on the left click on "change the order of preferred networks" and make sure yours is at the top of the list
click on it and the select "properties" the 3rd tab is called "connection" click on that and put a tick in the box that says "connect whenever this network is in range"

HTH
Cheers

right click on your wireless icon by the clock and click on "view available wireless networks"
then on the left click on "change the order of preferred networks" and make sure yours is at the top of the list
click on it and the select "properties" the 3rd tab is called "connection" click on that and put a tick in the box that says "connect whenever this network is in range"

HTH
Cheers

yea i dont exacly that but it dont save it after a restart - anyway i can force this?

Back