How to get longer EPG on dreambox Pli image

i tried the pli helenite image on my box, and all pay for channels were scrambled and i just couldnt get them to show so i gave up

i REALLY want a longer EPG though

also for some reason i cant get internet connectivity to my dreambox on any image ive ever used so i assume its a trpouter issue (the weird thing is the lan works fine, and it all goes via my router so i dont know why the internet doesnt work - yes dns and gateway are set as my router ip)

You have to add keys & enable a cam.

yeah i tried that, had to do manual install of the cams as the internet doesnt work - and after installing the cam didnt show up in the plugins etc it was here i gave up - still as the internet doesnt work to the dreambox at all its kind of pointless trying to get this image going for the extra EPG :( if i can fix the internet connection ill prob try this image again though

Last edited by a moderator:
The extra epg will only work with an internet connection.

yeah which i why i said - as the internet doesnt work to the dreambox at all its kind of pointless trying to get this image going for the extra EPG if i can fix the internet connection ill prob try this image again though :Biggrin2:

@hasleyf are you able to ping your dreambox from your computer? Internet connectivity is quite crucial to dreambox so it is probably worth your while to resolve the problem.

i have fixed the internet side of things now so thats cool

im back trying the pli sherlock image

got my services file in ok - can now scan the right transponders
got my bouquets backup copied and installed/working fine

downloaded evocamd 2.16 via the dreambox and the keys/scce files manuyally to my pc - ftp'd the keys and scce folder to the box, and chmod to 755

restarted evocamd / dreambox

the problem is that still all premium channels are black / not decrypted with this image

any ideas? lol

are there different keys and scce folder files needed for ex telewest and ex ntl as maybe i have ex ntl thats all i can think of

ignore me, ive copied the keys and scce folder from my old working image to this one and now all channels are working fine :) great now i can get this extra EPG going i hope :)

well i got to this part - You can now do a manual retrieve (yellow button) to check. You should see a download window for every channel mapped.

and when i pressed yellow the box stopped responding, and now when i plug the power back into the box the image doesnt load and the box wont respond

looks like ill have to do a dreamup cabled long flash now :(

man this having to manually setup images is very hard to get going!!!

well i really dont understand whats going on - have reflashged the image, einstalled evocamd 2.16, re ftp'd my keys and scce folder and chmod them to 755 - and now the premium channels will not come back on again lol

and after i rebooted the box, its crashes again on the loading screen and now im back to a dead box - again lol

think im going to have to give up on this, its a shame the djor image cant do this epg stuff as that works flawlessly with my box!

and yet again after installing my bouquets/services.xml file cams and keys - the box wont load up yet again - it just sticks on the loading please wait screen

Evocamd 2.13 is always good for clearing the encrytped channels. The channels.dat file on the image is corrupt go to the radio times site download the channels.dat file to your box.

ok i am trying it again now

ive downloaded and copied the channels.dat file from radio times website into /dbepg folder on the box

i am unable to uninstall evocamd2.13 as the only one in the list is 2.16

the odd thing is if i copy over my keys and scce folder i backed up from my working djor image then the premium channels come back on for about a minute then go off again its a nightmare!

EDIT
and the box has just totally locked up - again - lmao

hmm well this time i thought id leave the premium channels problem for now and just get the epg going first

setup the epg plugin to scan just for bbc1 south west for now

hit yellow box didnt crash - went into the epg for bbc1 and the length of the EPG is the same as normal so god knows whats going on with the EGP (or my premium channels) with this image

and yet again the box has totally locked up and needs reflashing lol

i think ill just go back to using djor 0.6 as that image works flawlessly this image seems to be corrupting like crazy or something never seen a image crash as much as this

edit

no infact im going to try the pli garnet image - see if thats any better if not ill quit :)

well its going weirder and weirder - i tried to ftp flash the pli garnet image and it comes back with - illegal instruction - lmao and it wont flash onto my box so ill have to do it via the null modem instead arrgh

well this garnet image seems to be alot more stable

EDIT
looks like putting the cam to evocamd 2.13 (i found the option in the downloads for older versions) has fixed the scrambled channels problem!

but the EPG setup isnt working - i have it set on the blue button
data storage = SQLlite database
EPG location = harddisk
EPG directory = /hdd (the mount directory- and as soon as i set this the message belows becomes - suitable for storage

and i hit green to save

then if i go back into that option screen again all the settings are back as they were as default (not my custom settings)! arrgh! lol

I have a DM600 so use the Pli helenite image. On mine Evocamd 2.13 is calssed as an 'old cam' in the download list. To load I use the Blue > Software management > downloads > Older softcams > Evocamd 2.13

On the EPG you need to make sure you follow Wizbit77 post to map the channels. To see if the EPG is working try retrieving a channel after mapping it.

I assume you have already tried file erase before imaging with dreamup?

yeah ive got channels mapped in the yellow button epg settings part - and when i try to retrieve them a new window pops up really quick then disappears

If you see a yellow bar flash across the screen than its retrieving the epg.

the odd thing is if i copy over my keys and scce folder i backed up from my working djor image then the premium channels come back on for about a minute then go off again its a nightmare!

EDIT
and the box has just totally locked up - again - lmao

That's down to the rom files and cam m8, just delete all the rom files apart from rom 7 if you're using evocamd. The reason the box is coming on and off with encrypted channels is because it cycles through rom the files and checks for key updates, rom 10+11 are outputting wrong keys so your channels go black due to the wrong keys - then it comes on again when rom 7 updates the keyfile.

Back