How to get freesat to work.

tonyj

Inactive User
Reaction score
How do you get a channel list for the channels and does it have to be a working one,??,.

digi247

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
What Box or Built in TV freesat, All Freesat Official Branded products will ask you for your postcode before setup so when it scans it arranges the channel setup determined on your area postcode.

Products which do not have Freesat Branding will just scan in the complete channel data range from 28.2° east without any sort of order

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just looking to sort a mates TV out as he hasn't got an aerial but he has got a dish. I was looking on e Bay for freesat boxes and stumbled across someone advertising that they can get freesat from a sly box without a subscription or paying that one off fee - is this possible? And if so how do you do it? Thanks

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just looking to sort a mates TV out as he hasn't got an aerial but he has got a dish. I was looking on e Bay for freesat boxes and stumbled across someone advertising that they can get freesat from a sly box without a subscription or paying that one off fee - is this possible? And if so how do you do it? Thanks
Hi yes it is possible you need to have/buy a white sly card you can get them officially from sly for £24 or from fleabay for £4.
This gives you all the freesat channels plus Sony TV etc but no recording or live pause etc.

digi247

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
If your not interested in having any regional channels in order any old official skybox will work as a freesat box, the freesat card does exactly what AJT states above but also regionalises your BBC1,ITV,CH4 etc... to your area

installer

DW Regular
Reaction score
please correct me if i'm wrong but do you not also get ch 5HD ITV HD ect with the free to view card as long as you have a HD digi box.

manic01

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Itv hd is fta
An active Sky viewing card and subscription are now needed to view Channel Five HD.

digi247

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Aye! 5HD and the other ITV 2,3,4HD variants jumped into bed with Uncle Ruppie after he showed them how deep his clowns pocket was, Now they are so far up there i doubt we will ever see them free for a very long time

installer

DW Regular
Reaction score
at least with a freesat box you dont have to troll through dozens of pay channels on epg, If it were me I would invest in a freesat HD pvr dual tuner box to facilitate recording one channel while watching another, more expensive up front cost but to me would be worth it if he only wants free channels.

charlie senator

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Rats bouquet has a free to air folder on it so you don't have to go through the encrypted channels.

TEST