How to get a picture

ellie1998

Inactive User
Reaction score
How to get a picture & uk scanning

This is a guide for experimental purposes only to get a cam/emu to work and uk scanning.

from your linux (I will refer to the ubuntu as I am familiar with this)
1st to save doing it later do this http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=117360 but the command is
patch -p1 < infobar.diff if you put it in /tuxbox-cvs

when it's finshed click places, home, tuxbox-cvs, root,right click cdkflash and select "make link" drag the link to your desktop and rename it to "link to completed images" (if you have my ubuntu this is already done)

double click "link to completed images"
delete complete.img, boot-cramfs.img and root-squashfs.img
leave the window open

click the blue world at the top of the screen next to system (firefox)
navigate to this thread and download the attached file to you desktop

right click the file and select extract here.
you will get afolder called root double click it then double click the lib folder, right click the libcrypto.so.0.9.7 and select copy
go to the 1st window and double click root then double click lib then right click and select paste.just below the reload icon is a box saying root click it to go back to root.
go to the other window and do the same.

(Info) libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is required by the cam/emu's

in the root on the desktop double click share then double click tuxbox, right click the cables.xml and select copy

double click link to completed images, root, share, tuxbox right click select paste and say yes to over writing.
click root just below stop
double click etc
double click init.d
double click rcS then click display
go to line 165 and change dccamd to /var/bin/emu/evocamd
then click search, replace
search for dccamd
replace with evocamd
click replace all then close
close the editor selecting save file.
close all windows

go back into the root from the archive on the desktop
double click var_init, bin, emu right click evocamd and select copy
open link to completed images and go to var_init
right click select make folder call it bin
enter bin right click select make folder call it emu
enter emu right click select paste
close windows

go back into the root from the archive on the desktop
double click var_init right click keys slect copy
close window
go to link to completed images, go to var_init right click select paste
close all windows

double click terminal
cd tuxbox-cvs/root/cdkflash/root/var_init
ln -s /var/keys ./scce
cd tuxbox
ln -s /var/keys ./scce
close terminal

goto link to completed images, go to var_init right click the scce file and select copy
close the window
open root on the desktop, goto var_init select paste then goto tuxbox and right click select paste again (I have already done this ooops)

open terminal
cd tuxbox-cvs/cdk
make flash-complete

then use an ftp program (in my ubuntu gFTP is on the desktop) flash
link to completed images/complete.img to /tmp on your dreambox

open terminal
telenet yourdreamboxip
root
dreambox
cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp complete.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

wait for the box to do it's stuff and reboot and you can either scan for channels or put your own on.

==============================================
Some information

the
ln -s /var/keys ./scce
command makes a symlink (like a windows shortcut) as the cam/emu is looking for some key/rom files in /var/ scce and /var/tuxbox/scce.
I come from the dbox world where we throw everything into /var/keys and make links so when the cam/emu looks in /var/ scce and /var/tuxbox/scce it gets redirected to /var/keys :)
the ./ in ./scce means it's a folder/directory

If you wanted to for instance put the cams in /bin where they couldn't be deleted but still point to /var/bin/emu then
ln -s /bin/evocamd evocamd
from /var/bin/emu in a telnet session would mean the symlink can be deleted so you can test an updated cam/emu but if it doesn't work you can replace the symlink and go back to how you were.

The reason stuff for /var goes into /var_init is because the /var (jffs2) isn't made until 1st boot then anything in /var_init is copied over to /var.

The reason I have a folder called root on the desktop is any changes I make to an image I mirror there.
When I later do a cvs update and it wipes all my changes I just right click root on my desktop and select copy
I then open link to completed images select paste and over write existing files
delete the complete.img, boot-cramfs.img and root-squashfs.img
open terminal
cd tuxbox-cvs/cdk
make flash-compress

Then I have a ready to run image, not very eloquent but it works for me :)

This is only a single cam image but it works.

It is late and I may have made mistakes (I normally do b:( ) so any problems then post them here with what part isn't working.

Have Fun

Last edited:
this is a great way of just getting one emu working BUT what if u require more than one emu ? or u want away of stoping and starting the emu

for this youl need alittle c++ heheh but dont worry we will be posting alittle emu manager and intregating into your new dream control panel see here :http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=117370

this way itl help you have more control over you emus and also show you how to add more items to your panel :)

cheers

osborne82

to add another emu is very easy
on line 165 change /var/bin/emu/evocamd to
if [ -e /var/ect/.evocamd ] ; then
/var/bin/emu/evocamd
fi
if [ -e /var/ect/.mgcamd ] ; then
/var/bin/emu/mgcamd
fi

this just says if /var/etc/.mgcamd exists then start mgcamd or if /var/etc/.evocamd the start evocamd
the . before .evocamd or .mgcamd just means hidden file

I didn't post it as then I would have had to go into how to change the /var/etc/.mgcamd to /var/etc/.evocamd which would come later.

I use tuxbox commander or a script run from shellexec or a telnet session but didn't want to muddy the waters as I am interested in the compiled blue button panel.

when i edit line 165 as explained in the first post,in my tuxbox-cvs is this the correct place to edit
tuxbox-cvs/root/cdkflash/root/etc/init.d/rcs

Back