how to flash a FTA 101

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
anybody got any idiot instructions on howto flash this little fecker. i have it connected by serial lead,selected the bin file labled FTA101-29012007.bin labled box type FTA 101 and the dot app file only is selected and it's in standby so the clock is on the front. but all i get is download failed?????/ i've tried all com ports 1-4 but no joy

Are you sure its a straight or a null lead. had the same prob and found it was the lead. made a straight my self from maplins and it worked first time, as the rs232 straight lead needs a female end to fit into the FTA101.

yes m8 i have a straight through lead which i use to flash my technomate satellite box and a null which i use to flash my dreambox and neither work

hi m8, borrowed this from another forum, see if this helps you out. jon

Ok seems a lot of members are having problems with updating their recivers so i`m writing this small tut to help them.
Please try following this info and you should get your reciver up and runing again.

1 - Make sure you have the revelent file for your reciver, if you have a FTA 101 then only use the file for that reciver.
The same goes for people that own the Starview, and dont mistaken them to been the same they are not and have different
files, even thoe they are from the same family (starview recivers) they use different files.

2 - Make sure you have the right RS 232 lead, IE Null Modem Lead. And the right loader files and programmes ect found for
your reciver in the file section.

3 - Ok lets get started, i have read most of today and for the last few days that people are saying they cant even get the
recivers started to download, and if you do as follows you will get it to work, or its just down to your lead.

Here we go......

1 - connect the lead to the reciver and then your computer, switch on the power to your reciver, and PLEASE remember to make
sure that your reciver is in STAND BY MODE and not switched on with a channel number showing.
This is a common error that a lot of people seem to be doing from what i have been reading, and not your leads.
Make sure its in stand by mode b4 you try to load the file.

2 - Open the revelent software proggy for your reciver (for FTA 101 SOFTWARE IS FTA 101 Loader v4.00) and
(GTRom v4.00 for STARVIEW Recivers), and load the file for your reciver and press the DOWNLOAD.

3 - Make sure that you dont switch off the reciver when it says 100% on the bar, wait another 30 seconds and a small box will
pop up leting you know its been downloaded right.
Then the reciver will re-set it self and re-boot up, and then you can un-plug and switch the power off.

4 - Connect the reciver back up to your tv and cable feed line coax, and switch on the reciver.
Goto the main menue and do a factory re-set, so as to returne the reciver back to normal state, but dont worry this wont
do anything to your reciver, it will just make the process better and the new file.

5 - Now scan on your provider, and let it scan for all the channels, once finished scaning, and you have saved, goto SKY ONE
and wait till the reciver updates, IE the dreeded bar precentage goes up, and then your picture should come on.

This works 99% of the time on the recivers mentioned, and should work for you if you follow the above advice step by step.
If for some reason it does not, then try again, or make sure you have the propper lead, as they are only a few pounds to buy
and geting the right one can be some what anoying, as they both look the same.
My advice would be to ask for a NULL MODEM lead, most shops have them.
Hopefully this tut and little info helps some people resolve their problems, and dont worry, there is nothing wrong with your
reciver, its all down to the way you prog it, or the lead, thats all.
Happy viewing.

Regards.

Back