How to DIY a Jtag? + Getting BK without card???

superman1212

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all:

Can anyone give me a hand about DIY a jtag? What do I need to buy for it, and how to make one? After searching for a while, I found there are some resources where I can get a jtag, either from members or internet. But I prefer to make one by myself although it troubles some, at least I may be able to save a few quid (that's the reason why we are here, right?). Well, if you ask me some things about chemistry, maybe I still can answer you something, but for electronics, ha, ha, I am totally out, so be aware .... :doh:

By the way, after searching, I understand the BK can be grabbed by either Led SIMM/voltmeter (4001/1000/1010) or Jtag(4000/sammy 2100C) depending on the model. One thing is not clear for me, which is if the viewing card needs to be put inside when the BK is been grabbing. In other words, can I still get BK if the viewing card is missing? For pace 2000, either glitching the card or lifting atmel can be applied, am I right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Many thanks for reading and giving your say. : colors1

Last edited:
Hi all:

Can anyone give me a hand about DIY a jtag? What do I need to buy for it, and how to make one? After searching for a while, I found there are some resources where I can get a jtag, either from members or internet. But I prefer to make one by myself although it troubles some, at least I may be able to save a few quid (that's the reason why we are here, right?). Well, if you ask me some things about chemistry, maybe I still can answer you something, but for electronics, ha, ha, I am totally out, so be aware .... :doh:

By the way, after searching, I understand the BK can be grabbed by either Led SIMM/voltmeter (4001/1000/1010) or Jtag(4000/sammy 2100C) depending on the model. One thing is not clear for me, which is if the viewing card needs to be put inside when the BK is been grabbing. In other words, can I still get BK if the viewing card is missing? For pace 2000, either glitching the card or lifting atmel can be applied, am I right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Many thanks for reading and giving your say. : colors1

yes m8 the bk is allways in the box it means boxkey this is used in conjuction with the ird (nagra serial code)
these have to be on the card as well to pair the card up with the box
but as u asked yes u can get the ird and bk with out a paired card for the box

Davidh,

Good piece of information. Cheers, mate.

Now I am wishing if someone can kindly share some information about DIY a jtag with me.

Davidh,

Good piece of information. Cheers, mate.

Now I am wishing if someone can kindly share some information about DIY a jtag with me.

Not sure if you'll have much luck with a reply just now as it would be really awkward without a circuit diagram. there's a really good tutorial avaliable describing the parts you need and the pcb layout, however, you'll need 20 posts to view it.
If you wish, i'll post the component codes from the tutorial if you want to get a hold of the parts for when you can access the tutorial?

here it is m8

Didn't think you were allowed to upload files in 'New to Cable'? I've got different tut which might also help if I'm allowed to post it?

Many thanks, mates.

As Crusader said, I cannot view those lovely files because of the number of my posts.

Oh, dear..... I need to press on, so I can read/study them earlier, otherwise I need to wait until the end of this century .

You're the BEST.... : colors1

PS to charlie senator,
Got a tut about making a funcard from somewhere, which is written by you. Good stuff, many thanks again.

Last edited:
Back