How to disable Start/Stop on RR Evoque 2013

lurida_spia

Hello guys

Someone of you know how can I disable the Start/Stop functionality on RR Evoque with some trick ? (Without Hardware modification)

Regards

gits

New Member ++
On my Range Rover there is a dedicated button on the center console. It is the letter "A" surrounded by a semi-circle with an arrow pointing clockwise on the right side. I have also seen the letters "ECO" instead of "A". The button is next to the hill descent speed control button. But even if you turn Intelligent stop/start off, it seems to turn itself back on every time you start a new trip!

lurida_spia

Hello @gits

Thanks for you answer

I would like to disable ECO (Start/Stop) for ever! because in other car wait some seconds to stop the engine in the evoque 2013 stop immediately and sometime I have problem :-(

lurida_spia

Hello @gits

Very interesting post.... but before detach cables on my car I want to go more in deep...(other forum...othe post) :-D :-D

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Why would you want to disable it? I hired a Kadjar recently, the first car I've ever driven with S/S and I quite liked it. (Peace & quiet at the lights and less pollution for others). If I didn't want it to kick in (out!) I just kept my foot on the clutch.

bluepassat

Member ++
an easy free way to prevent stop/start systems on any car is to put more electrical load on..... eg blower on, lights etc

you will have to try and see how much you need to turn on to stop the system working

regards

blue

Captin

VIP Member
VIP Member
I can understand wanting to turn off the damn stop/start system. We recently had a road trip in the USA and hired a Dodge Durango with auto stop/start. We started in a quite warm Los Angeles and everytime the car stopped so did the AC. If you were at traffic lights for more than a minute the AC actually started blowing hot.

From my understanding the stop/start was more to do with emissions than economy, the government not wanting lots of cars standing at lights spewing out exhaust fumes. so they could get their figures down.

One method I thought of was a semi permanent fix. A small circuit board connected to the rear of stop/start switch, with a 555 timer on it so that it could activate the switch everytime you go in the car, or a small relay.

lurida_spia

Hello @bluepassat

I read that if the battery is under 80% the system doesn't work! probably this is the reason why when you turn on more systems on the car the start/stop doens't work :)

lurida_spia

Hello @Captin

You are right, whit the AC there are (other) additional problems :) .
ASAP I will check (as mentioned on the rangerover.net forum) if is ossible to disable the system just detaching a wire...

cactikid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Possibly it defaults to on and so every trip button needs to be pressed.

TEST