How To Collect Debt

harrykhan05

Inactive User
Reaction score
My Tennant Ownes Me £7k And I Know Him And He Has Left And Promises To Pay Up In The Next 3 Mnths ,but Iff He Doesnt What Shall I Do??he Is Polish And Only Can Understand Pressure N Ot Letters, Do Baliff Firms Buy Debts???any Ideas On This>?

If you don't think that he will pay up you should sell the debt to Polish gangsters for a reduced amount (you'll be luck to get half). That way at least you get some of the money back.

If he is still living at the premises or you know where he has moved to, go to your local county court and pick up some papers for the small claims court.

You can fill these in yourself ( honestly ) or get the CAB or someone with some legal experience to do this.

Then go back to the court and pay the fees ( less than £100 ) and the court will issue him with a court order.

You can then proceed with the case ( represent yourself ) and if he does not turn up it will be awarded in your favour. If he does turn up and loses the case, then the court will order him to pay costs ... if he doesn't pay up, the court will remind him.

This will also be on record, so if any searches are made then they will be found .... this also applies to the EU.

Goodluck ..... I took someone to court from Denmark and forced them to return to the UK .... you'd be surprised.

The Thing Is Ive Got A Signed Papercontract Saying He Ownes Me The Money And He Will Pay It Etc, His A Mate But His A Bit Sly. So Would The Court Give Me The Money And Claim It Off Him?
AND HE HAS MOVED OUT.

No they would not - and it's not there job too.

They are there to make rullings when there is a a dispute over money.

If you have a legally binding contract to pay the money by a certian date then you cannot take them to court before they have defaulted on that agreement.

tbh you were an idiot to let the amount get so high.

the thing is i want in the country and the guy who was collecting the cash could nnot get hold off this polish tenant!!1
im a bit screwed here.

You must give at least two weeks notice by law if you have a registered lease with him. Even though he is in arrears. Contact a good solicitor and issue vacancy order by registered letter. Once the two weeks is up you will then have to go to court to get back your property. this can take months, if he goes peacefully let him off, the chances of getting the cash????? like me winning the lottery. remember the longer he strings you out with empty promises ,the longer you are out of pocket. Money and friends don't mix.Do your home work on a good conveyancy solicitor sooner rather than later.

good advice mate, he is out off my property he lives in town now!!!! but he is a bit off a snake, ill see how it goes. i cant be getting paid 10pw iff it goes to court.

no point in taking it to the courts. you aint getting much.
have a word with him, if he's a mate, if he gt family and that then thats one thing if he just being an idiot and driving around ina jag then just sell the debt to some gangsters im sure they'll sort it

Back