How to check if cable feed active

CrazyFool

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
I had cable a couple of years ago, how do I check if my line is still active?
The most I have is a friend with an active virmin broadband connection. If I plug in his modem will the http interface show anything?
Cheers
CF

Thanx buddy what's the cheapest cable receiver I can get. I might be interested in IPTV down the line.
Give my Linux and non Linux options please

Thanks
CF

I use a Zgemma H.2H which you can use for cable CS or IPTV (even got a sat tuner)
It's HD and has a USB port if you want to be recording stuff. Think they now go for around £80-90.

Personally I would go for a Xtream et8500 bit mor expensive but you get to configure exactly what tuners you want - up to 4, whith the zgemma you are going to get sat tuners if you are not going to use them its a waste

Do you do sat at all ?

If you do what about the Formuler F4 Turbo it has a sat tuner and a slot for DVBC complete with DVBC tuner £89 quid fully supported by all the Open images.

Cheers fellas.
Its £65 for the h2h on eBay.
Can't fault that price tbh. Unless anybody knows of any cheaper.
Its for my dad. He just needs a bog standard box for watching 3 channels lol. but just want something with IPTV functionality in case cable cs goes tits up.
Thanks again

Alright fellas.
Got myself the h2h.
Excited to set it up.

Any recommendations for image?
I'm finding a lot of these images are very bulky.
Just need something user friendly that will let me watch cable and sat with a good bouquet and EPG. Dont need any other features.

Could somebody point me in the direction of a set up guide?

Cheers.

Last edited:
OpenATV 6.1
Install autobouquetsmaker and you wont go far wrong.

Ask if you need specifics when you get the above on

Thanks buddy.

That looks really good.

I want to make a few manual changes to the channel list. Will the weekly updates undo the changes that I've made or will they hold?
What about the channel swap feature, will that still work despite it being a customised channel list?

Thanks again

CF

ABM's bouquets are ABM's. Any manual changes will be undone next time it runs.

Re: "channel swap". Bouquets can have services from cable, sat(s) or terretsrail. Nothing to do with ABM.

Thanks for explaining that buddy.

Is there a way that I can make a manual bouquet but still get the channel swap feature when the frequencies change?

Yes, I want to have my cake and eat it too :D

Great!

So basically what you're saying, is that anything that goes into the "favourites" bouquet will be updated by the channel swap feature provided those channels were pulled using ABM?

Can I change the name of the heading from favourites to something else?

I know you did some work on this plugin Abu Baniaz. Well done and thank you.

You have to create a favourites.xml file. That goes in the in the custom folder within ABM folder. It will create the bouquets as per your specification. Best to use unique bouquet names to avoid problems. The names will be determined in the xml file.

Thanks mate.

Is this the correct path?:
usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/systemplugins/autobouquetmaker/custom

So just to make sure I've understood correctly...
Does the favourites.xml file allow me to specify which channels go into the bouquet that is called "Favourites"

or

Does it allow me to specify what channels and in what order go into EVERY bouquet, eg. sport, movies etc?

Sorry, I'm a bit thick. I'm trying to look up an example of a favourites.xml file or instructions on how to compile one.

Thanks again

Back