How to change 2 taps on a sink too 1?

zanic111

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can any1 give me some advice on this.

I have a small sink in a friends room in shared accomodation. He wants to change the cold and hot taps to just 1 tap that opens the hot and cold.

Is it a case of buying a new sink as there is 2 holes where taps are now or more complicated than that.

Thanks

Measure the distance between the centres of the 2 existing tap holes.
Then either go Focus,B&Q or your neares local builders merchant and measure the distances of the mixer taps there.
This is the type you will need
I,ve done it so it must be easy!
Good luck m8.
Oh yeah you'll probably find it easier to fit using flexible hoses attached to the original hot/cold supply pipes
A bit basic but check this [DLMURL="http://www.bristan.com/PAGES/FITTING_GUIDES_INTRO.html"]link[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Its something like thisyou need.

Sort of off topic,but can anyone see the picture I attached on my post coz I can't.
I'm running Mozilla and I can see avid's picture?.

zanic111 said:
Can any1 give me some advice on this.
I have a small sink in a friends room in shared accomodation. He wants to change the cold and hot taps to just 1 tap that opens the hot and cold.
Is it a case of buying a new sink as there is 2 holes where taps are now or more complicated than that.
Thanks

if its a sink (kitchen type sink then changing taps to mixers is pretty easy, if it is a sink as in bathroom sink (wash basin) then you will have to put mono block mixer taps in and blank off the un-used tap hole

i changed 1 before quite simple info above is all about what u need

opps forgot about this :DDD

Ok im off to focus then,,,,,,thanks for all the help guys.

Much apprecitated.

Back