How To Arrange A Courier??

JIMLCHIPIT

Inactive User
Reaction score
Firstly i didn't know here to put this so i have gone for general, sorry if its in the wrong place.

An ebay member had an ite as local collection only but i want to arrange a courier.

the parcel is reasonably large and they have said they will pack and weigh it but nothing more!

Whats the best way to go about getting a courier and can anyone reccomend a good company for largeish items of about 20kg?

any help appreciated.

try your local post office or ups , tnt,parceline anyone will do depends on price so phone around .then you just open an account with them.
as a rule the costs are,and when its collected GET A TRACKING NUMBER off the sender or the courier firm so you know where it is
nextday before noon ,,,,,,,very expensive
nextday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very expensive
2 day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bit cheaper
general 3/4 day cheapest

i can't use the post office as they are the sender and they won't send it, i have to arrange a courier to collect from thier home, would parcel force do this?

i can't use the post office as they are the sender and they won't send it, i have to arrange a courier to collect from thier home, would parcel force do this?

The post office have a courier system..... it's called Parcel Force :p

Just phone around all the different couriers and price it up. All there is to it. There shouldn't be a huge variation in price.

h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/48-HR-PARCEL-DELIVERY-SERVICE-FOR-UK-MAINLAND-30KG_W0QQitemZ160088904073QQcategoryZ121879QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160088904073

h**p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/24-HR-PARCEL-DELIVERY-SERVICE-FOR-UK-MAINLAND-30KG_W0QQitemZ160088904574QQcategoryZ121879QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160088904574

hope this helps.. just say recommended by mr payless(might charge you extra tho)lol...

Stay well clear of this company. They have a terrible reputation.

i use them all the time and havent had a single issue with them.
they use dhl and hdnl. but i guess your recomendation will be more valid than mine.

Last edited:
i used parcle to go to send a member something on this site DHL Collected Got Recipet AS Left With Neighbour No tracking Number :S
Wooo Hooo Looks Like arrived Today
So Parcle 2 Go Get 2 Thumbs Up From Me

Back