Mobile Phones How to access info on phone when screen doesnt work

joeblaze

DW Regular
Reaction score
How to access info on phone when screen doesnt work
got me wife a new phone contract a while ago she got an experia x or x1 it is. she used it 2 weeks but when we woke one morning the phone was in a glass of water lol. i had to get a new contract same phone but i have this phone here doing nothing. i have nothing better to do so i wanna try get all her pics etc off it. tried 2 local places was gonna get the screen sorted but they said they doont touch sony for some reason. dunno why he didnt say.

any way to get the pics etc off this phone?. is it useful for anything else. when the phone is charged and turned on the screen doesn't come on but we can here notifications coming to the phone.

apparently this phone is supposed to be waterproof what happen with that?

is it useful for anything else?

gonna be paying this contract for over another year 32 squid i think it is

ty guys

I cant comment on the phone as ive never had 1 but if it is working and boots up you should beable to connect it to a pc/laptop via usb and drag your pictures off it.

You could hit a bit of trouble if you have set a pin code to unlock it though as i think you would have to unlock it for the pc to let you access it.....for securtiy reasons.

hi kryton. i think when you plug the phone in you have to tap the screen to put the phone in usb mode or whatever its really called and i cant do that. its not a big deal but it give me something to mess with while i have a wee toke lol. i havent done anything like this before.

is there anything it can be useful for?

The light is flashing from red to green

Ive goto ask how it ended up in a glass of water 🧐

no idea man. it wasnt my side of the bed it was a pint glass loads of agua in it. i was sleeping but i wasnt a happy man when i woke up. its just loads of pictures of my neices new baby and her other kids, we do have thousands so its not important and loads of our 2 cats which she treats like babys anyway haa

Try connecting it to a pc via usb and try tapping the screen to see if it connects.

Could be lucky if the digitizer is still working.

If you have a OTG cable then plug a mouse into it to simulate a swipe action. Another thing to try is powering it down, plug it into your laptop and press and hold volume up and power button until computer recognizes it, hopefully giving you access to the phone.

Could you not make a claim for a new phone on your home insurance? Might be an accidental damage clause

no mate unless she sorts that out i dont think we have house insurance and ive never taken the option of insurance for the phone when offered when setting up any phone contract. always thought they were robbery until that happened mate but i still didnt take insurance setting up the contract to the new phone to replace that phone lol. we are renters mate if they house gets robbed and anything taken then tough we just have to replace it. if it floods burns down etc its not my problem is it? just move on to the next gaff and rent that. lol

If the new phone is identical to the old one, do a "dummy run" with the new phone, and note where you have to touch the screen to authorise USB function. Then plug the old phone in & touch the blank screen in the same place. I did this one with an iPod Touch & it worked.

If it were me I'd hunt for a YouTube video on how to connect your particular phone to a PC then try to mimic roughly how and were they touch the screen to get it to connect to the PC

still no joy getting this sorted is it worth sending for repair? i dont think its the latest and greatest phone and i imagine its not going to be cheap

Repairs can be pricey, you might be cheaper buying a second hand phone and transferring the screen & digitiser to the drowned one. At least that way if it's a no-go you still have the used phone to keep or re-sell.

Back