How much is your electric bill?

How much per month on avg is your electricity bill?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Our electric bill just went up from £46 per month to £52 per month.

We are with E.on and I was wondering what other people pay to see if we could get a better deal.

I know we do have the Mac on 24/7 and never unplug things but although it is only an extra £6 it just seemed to be quite a jump.

We live as a family of 4 in a 3 bedroom semi detached house.

Last edited:
sounds cheap to me, we have a 2 bed bung, got gas as well , our last bill £248,.

Just got our bill for this quarter. £72 on electric £71 for gas. Thats 2 in a 3-bed terrance.

Just make sure you quote your per month prices.

Our gas is reasonable at £42 per month considering the wifey has the heating on nearly all the time. She says she is neche!!

So Softscoop you are only paying £24 per month on leccy then?

My electric is about £500/year, approx £40/month for a 3 bed semi with only 2 of us in it. Would be worse if we weren't both at work 5 days a week!

a friend of mine moved into a council flat about 3 years ago, problem was it had no master fuse when he moved in, council sent a sparky round to fit one. He has never had a bill and does not even know who is supplier is, well he had a british gas one but then a retraction saying we are not your supplier, would he be liable for anything?

Just make sure you quote your per month prices.

Our gas is reasonable at £42 per month considering the wifey has the heating on nearly all the time. She says she is neche!!

So Softscoop you are only paying £24 per month on leccy then?

Yeah, although were both at work all day, and almost everything is turned off at the socket when its not used. I reckon the only things left on during the day are my server, the fridge, the microwave and the boiler

a friend of mine moved into a council flat about 3 years ago, problem was it had no master fuse when he moved in, council sent a sparky round to fit one. He has never had a bill and does not even know who is supplier is, well he had a british gas one but then a retraction saying we are not your supplier, would he be liable for anything?

That happened to my mate.

He eventually got a bill for over £8000. Frightened the shite out of him.

i pay £142 dual fuel but cant remember what quantity.
I kept the house very warm for the wee ones first winter but thought i would be ok as i put high energy boiler in and my bill more than tripled.
It was like the Bahamas though but this year i bought every one fleece jumpers so it will be cheaper.lol

About £120 a month
Think my meter is out, as I work 12hr nights 60hr week

Currently paying £101 for Gas & Electric from N Power - dreading what it will go up to when they increase the prices

Back