How much is your electric bill?

How much per month on avg is your electricity bill?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Our electric bill just went up from £46 per month to £52 per month.

We are with E.on and I was wondering what other people pay to see if we could get a better deal.

I know we do have the Mac on 24/7 and never unplug things but although it is only an extra £6 it just seemed to be quite a jump.

We live as a family of 4 in a 3 bedroom semi detached house.

Last edited:

drahcirk03

Inactive User
Reaction score
sounds cheap to me, we have a 2 bed bung, got gas as well , our last bill £248,.

softscoop

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got our bill for this quarter. £72 on electric £71 for gas. Thats 2 in a 3-bed terrance.

earwig999

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you quote your per month prices.

Our gas is reasonable at £42 per month considering the wifey has the heating on nearly all the time. She says she is neche!!

So Softscoop you are only paying £24 per month on leccy then?

Scunner

Inactive User
Reaction score
My electric is about £500/year, approx £40/month for a 3 bed semi with only 2 of us in it. Would be worse if we weren't both at work 5 days a week!

daveleebond

DW Regular +
Reaction score
a friend of mine moved into a council flat about 3 years ago, problem was it had no master fuse when he moved in, council sent a sparky round to fit one. He has never had a bill and does not even know who is supplier is, well he had a british gas one but then a retraction saying we are not your supplier, would he be liable for anything?

softscoop

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just make sure you quote your per month prices.

Our gas is reasonable at £42 per month considering the wifey has the heating on nearly all the time. She says she is neche!!

So Softscoop you are only paying £24 per month on leccy then?

Yeah, although were both at work all day, and almost everything is turned off at the socket when its not used. I reckon the only things left on during the day are my server, the fridge, the microwave and the boiler

pipsqueaker

Inactive User
Reaction score
a friend of mine moved into a council flat about 3 years ago, problem was it had no master fuse when he moved in, council sent a sparky round to fit one. He has never had a bill and does not even know who is supplier is, well he had a british gas one but then a retraction saying we are not your supplier, would he be liable for anything?

That happened to my mate.

He eventually got a bill for over £8000. Frightened the shite out of him.

chronoman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i pay £142 dual fuel but cant remember what quantity.
I kept the house very warm for the wee ones first winter but thought i would be ok as i put high energy boiler in and my bill more than tripled.
It was like the Bahamas though but this year i bought every one fleece jumpers so it will be cheaper.lol

apc

Member +
Reaction score
About £120 a month
Think my meter is out, as I work 12hr nights 60hr week

marty

Inactive User
Reaction score
Currently paying £101 for Gas & Electric from N Power - dreading what it will go up to when they increase the prices

Tocano

Inactive User
Reaction score
£33 Electric and £20 Gas, 3 bedroom house.

TEST