iPhone How much for a new 1st gen iPhone screen

robc11

DW Regular
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much a replacement screen is for the 1st gen iPhone, i got out of my car tonight and it fell out of me pocket, just happened to land screen side up on the road. I was going to sell the phone soon too, so i could get the 16Gb 3G model. :Chainsaw:
Now my phone is insured, but i made a claim on my last phone and if its within 12months of that i have to pay a £50 excess and not £25 but i cant remember and have tried finding out but cant. Any help guys???

Last edited:
Does anyone know how much a replacement screen is for the 1st gen iPhone, i got out of my car tonight and it fell out of me pocket, just happened to land screen side up on the road :Chainsaw:
Now my phone is insured, but i made a claim on my last phone and if its within 12months of that i have to pay a £50 excess and not £25 but i cant remember and have tried finding out but cant. Any help guys??

take a look at that

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OUTER-FACE-SC...hash=item260262862209&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Cheers mate, i dunno if i fancy doing it myself id rather pay an extra fiver an get it done through my insurance i think. Last time a similar thing happened on my old Samsung an they sent me out a brand new phone :Clap: Does anyone wanna buy a brand new iphone, unlocked and jailbraked for £160 lmao

are you thinking of selling it with the broken screen cover?

just give it a go mate it will be easy

check this out

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1z0pw2VK7M[/ame]

you going to do it?

Last edited:
Nah im gonna get it fixed first then sell it, how much are they selling for in goo nick and unlocked/jailbrake do ya know, or what should i be asking?

i'd say around £200

are you going to upgrade to the 3G iPhone?

yeah i can get a early upgrade (only had this one about 5months lol) and i will be going from the 8Gb 1st gen to a 16gb 3G. I can upgrade to the 8gb for £99 or the 16gb for £169 so i know what im doing and i may make a profit lol

yeah i can get a early upgrade (only had this one about 5months lol) and i will be going from the 8Gb 1st gen to a 16gb 3G. I can upgrade to the 8gb for £99 or the 16gb for £169 so i know what im doing and i may make a profit lol

yep go for it m8 it well worth it!

are you going to tell insurance company to fix this?

yep go for it m8 it well worth it!

are you going to tell insurance company to fix this?

Yeah mate i may aswell, im sure it will only be a £25 excess, as soon as i get it back im going to sell it and get the 16GB 3g for sure :banana:

Quick update,finally got my insurance sorted, but i cant get a new iphone because of the activation and already having one etc. So they have offered me a £350 cash equivalent on the advice of o2. So im going to upgrade to the 16gb iphone 3g £159 at the weekend. HAs it been unlocked,jailbroke etc yet and what mods can i do to it so far?

Back