how much do u spend

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We all like our gadgets and toys on here lol,the usb turntable thread got me thinking how much we spend in say a year on our gadgets
anything from ur new lcd tv,dvd recorder,new pc/upgrade parts,ext HDD,media centres
ya get what I mean :) we must spend thousends :( lol
last year aone I bought a
lcd tv
ext HDD
HDD media centre
dvd recorder
HDD freeview box 5.1 surround sound for tv
just bought a 22" widescreen monitor ( that I didnt need) :(
think Ill stop there quite scary lol

so what have u guys bought ? be interested to know lol coz Im nosey ;)

so what have u guys bought ? be interested to know lol coz Im nosey ;)

Not too much recently apart from a Freeview PVR and a 19" TFT monitor. I'm paving the way for a big hit on a new TV/Hi-Fi system that's going to come in at about three grand.

42 inch plasma
19 inch tft monitor
dv camcorder
hd camcorder
new lappy and more but the mrs is getting up now lol

new dell pc complete
internet phone
sat nav
new car
skint now

fook me alot.

vinyl alone i spend maybe 1000 a year and thats not buying alot maybe one houndred or so, used to go crazy and spend 100-200 a week on vinyl but that was before the kids lol now i buy them from ebay when i hear one on the radio i write it down.

dont hide it from the mrs lol shes knows i am an av addict lol, could be worse could be a drug addict, but lets say shes not to happy with the cost of the living room gear

but so what lol

dam as for vinyl them days are gone for me decks have long gone but i spent a shit load on bikes on ebay been looking for project bikes is i not had much better to do lol but its gave me a new hobby im buying aprilia 125's and giving them 33bhp there seems to be a market for it at the mo

like rat here always buying something .. done the monitor thing a few weeks ago , got 2 d500 phones off ebay for wife and one for the youngest nipper . got a samsung d900 off here this week for the oldest girl (thanks x-pac). nas drive . webcam (night light one ) 100 dvd's . theres always something lol .

dam as for vinyl them days are gone for me decks have long gone but i spent a shit load on bikes on ebay been looking for project bikes is i not had much better to do lol but its gave me a new hobby im buying aprilia 125's and giving them 33bhp there seems to be a market for it at the mo

i can never give up the ghost lol

been playing since i was 18, and still have the same decks... they will be going in soon for a recondition @ bartlets and get them to put some nice expensive audio outs in (a friend i know has put QED audio leads i think ill copy him)

i dont play alot sometimes maybe 4 times a month but its nice when the kids and mrs go out to get on the decks and have a spin still enjoy it so wont be getting rid of them any time soon lol

just bought that 47 quid vinyl to mp3 converter, and as said there is always something to buy

Regards
Mickie D

i can never give up the ghost lol

been playing since i was 18, and still have the same decks... they will be going in soon for a recondition @ bartlets and get them to put some nice expensive audio outs in (a friend i know has put QED audio leads i think ill copy him)

i dont play alot sometimes maybe 4 times a month but its nice when the kids and mrs go out to get on the decks and have a spin still enjoy it so wont be getting rid of them any time soon lol

just bought that 47 quid vinyl to mp3 converter, and as said there is always something to buy

Regards
Mickie D
been a long ime since i come a cross a 78 ffs m8 look after it or em

well to add to
a motorola v 3 fone + blue tootht ,only £100 but it all adds up an its me first techie fone

been a long ime since i come a cross a 78 ffs m8 look after it or em

mine are mark II's m8y never heard them called that ?

i bought loads
spend 900 on my pc
26" tv
dreambox
19" tft
xbox 360
psp

loads

42" lcd tv
spare computer from dell
ide interface for dbox plus 80gb hd
2 x 350gb hd
dreambox 500-c

I hardly buy anything. The most i have bought recently was a dvd palyer dvd recorder and sky box for £30.50 delivered

Been relatively well behaved (aka skint ;)) for a wee while although my wish list is growing daily lol

my last couple of purchases:
32" LCD tv
built a new pc when i was off work ill for a couple of months after new year

Currently in the market for (LOL):
widescreen monitor
SATA RAID hard drive setup
DM7020 or greater.... DM8000???, TM9100??? dunno lol
A bigger sat. dish, coz everyone knows that bigger is better :)

mine are mark II's m8y never heard them called that ?

I've a set of markII's aswell mate, and I still spend money on vinyl. I bought the Stanton Final Scratch about a year and a half ago, but my bro has it now, as I used it so little it was a waste sitting in my house. Still got my decks, almost 12 years old now, still as good as new. 78's are old vinyl, they used to play them at 78 rpm's.

Anyway back to topic.

In the past year I've bought an Aopen htpc, a 19" tft, a nas drive, mp3 player, portable dvd player, Laptop, for crimbo the missus bought me an h-h jaeger 1224 and vboxII to run it, for my birthday she bought me a phone. Its more than I first thought, and my camera duffed it, so it looks like a new camera too.

We must spend tonnes every year do do we really need it all,better do some jobs on the side then it doesnt cost as much lol

Mr P

Back