How many people still buy originals on the site

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
Just woundering how many people still buy originals Dvd`s , audio cds , games for different consoles etc, as i go into hmv , virgin and all the local regular stores and cant belive the amount of people still buy originals , i my self just go in to see if theres any ideas of stuff to down load , guess im lucky really to been a member of dw and have a good few years experience around the internet.
regards biffo

Just woundering how many people still buy originals Dvd`s , audio cds , games for different consoles etc, as i go into hmv , virgin and all the local regular stores and cant belive the amount of people still buy originals , i my self just go in to see if theres any ideas of stuff to down load , guess im lucky really to been a member of dw and have a good few years experience around the internet.
regards biffo

i do some times i aint got downloading films worked out i can get music no prob but i always get problems when trying to get films so if the kids want a film off to the shops i go

how come ur having probs with movies , if u need any help mate just ask on .
regardss biffo

the prob i have is that i get errors or there is bits missing and hafter trying to get the same film 3-4 times i give up and go back to watching reruns of some crap on cable lol

whta sites are u usuing to get them from m8 if you use any of the torrent sites i read the comments attached to the file to make sure the movie is a good download , if the newz groups just download the sample 1st

I still buy audio cd's - I like to support my favourite musicians.

the prob i have is that i get errors or there is bits missing and hafter trying to get the same film 3-4 times i give up and go back to watching reruns of some crap on cable lol

If you're using newsgroups make sure you look for stuff that comes with PAR and PAR2 recovery files, then you can repair any parts that are incomplete. They're invaluable if you've you just downloaded a 4Gb DVD and you're only missing 20Mb or so.

If its my fav film or band i still buy the originals....... :)

I buy CDs because I listen to folk music. As for DVDs, I would still rather own a DVD I really like than download it.

Im a member of Lovefilm so i just rent the DVD i like then copy it. As for music i havent bought a CD for years. When my PS3 arrives tho i will start buying BlueRay DVD's but only good ones with alot of noise for my surround sound.

i BUY all my DVD's and audio cd's, never knew you could download them, i thought that was illegal.

oooh, look at that flying pig as well.

yeah, i do buy the favourites, like Disneys films, and my Star Wars collection, and several other great films.

I'll download lots of the mainstream stuff i.e music and films & tele stuff. but I'm into alot of independent music bands who stuff won't be online so i'll buy it. in my view the mainstream music scene is complete pants.

Forget about buying im going to be selling my dvd's soon, Already bought 2 blueray films. They look great as well in there little case, just need my ps3 now to play them

I buy some im waiting for On The Buses Collection to arrive but like Rat most of mine arrive blank too.....

I never buy cd's but dvd's I buy if I like the downloaded one then I will say to the kids get me whatever.

I have asked my daughter to get borat for fathers day even though I have a downloaded one here.

I'm watching ghostrider at the moment but tbh it's such crud I won't be asking for the original.

Last edited:
I download loads of stuff as I know that after watching it I'll be cursing at how bad the film or album was. If I really rate the film then I will buy it on dvd but its very rare.

I do however have favorite artists such as Matt Stone and Trey Parker, Kurosawa, Takheshi and a few others that I would never pirate. Some artists need to be encouraged and the only way you can do that is by buying the original.

Oh and I really dont understand how people spend ££££'s on a hifi stereo and then play mp3's through it. MP3's are great for a portable format but suck on hifi's as they are so crap in quality with shitty bitrates, but most people cant tell the difference lol

Like most on here have said so far , I download everything that I want , but if its good and I get full enjoyment out of it , I will part with my money and go out and buy it .

At the end of the day if you dont support the industry there would be fook all for you to download .

I mean look at pc games on the warez scene , there hasnt been any big titles for a while now , well none that I could be bothered to download lol

Play em in VLC and use divxfix i think it is can play part files

Back