How long?

diggles

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am new to all this,trying to download my first game.I have joined newsdemon,so far it has taken 10 hours and still not finished downloading.I have 2 meg broadband .About 8 files to go.Is this usual?

do the math dude your max download speed will be around 200kbs it should be easy to work out from that . but it sounds about right ,, dont forget these games are for dual layer discs and are potentially twice the size of a dvd

(at 200kbs it would take around 14 hours to download a full dvd with par's so in theory you could double that for a full size 360 game)

Last edited:
I've got a 5mb download speed and a game usually takes around 3-5hrs tops. I'm using newsdemon with newsrover

Sound like you've got about half the bandwith as me so its about right

ive got 10MB and it take 1:30hrs

to download full game with pars

going to join 2 modems together to get 20mb download

i have 10 meg and download the game in about an hour 15 min. the files sizes for the games do vary a bit. i tried the 20meg thing but struggled to find a working copy of winxp.....let me know if you have any luck with finding that file.

stick with it mate news demon is is good if i was u id up grade ya broadband , the games vary from , 6 gig up over 8 so be patient

I too have been struggling with download speed,
I have a 10Mb/s connection with NTL and an unlimited account with astraweb, Im also using newleaecher as my reader, my max download speed is 240Kb/s. This has been tried at different times of the day and is more or less a constant 240Kb/s
any ideas why it is so low ?

I too have been struggling with download speed,
I have a 10Mb/s connection with NTL and an unlimited account with astraweb, Im also using newleaecher as my reader, my max download speed is 240Kb/s. This has been tried at different times of the day and is more or less a constant 240Kb/s
any ideas why it is so low ?

which newsreader software are you suing? grabit make sure you are using the max conections specified by your newshost

Hi i am using newsleecher 3.8, there is a bandwidth limiter that can be used to throttle the usage but i have this set to max 1.25Mb/s.
I have tried various broadband tests, all apear to be resonable
I dont get it.

Back