How long to update?

ajones1722

Inactive User
Reaction score
Programmed a MOSC following tut's. All seemed to work Ok. Read card back and verified ird/bk no's but the box (4001) isn't updating? Is there anything I need to do like reboot or anything? how long do they take to update normally?

cheers

ajones1722 said:
Programmed a MOSC following tut's. All seemed to work Ok. Read card back and verified ird/bk no's but the box (4001) isn't updating? Is there anything I need to do like reboot or anything? how long do they take to update normally?

cheers
what image r u using??

ajones1722 said:

cheers

i had a 4001 box that would not updat it was a dry solder joint in the tuner or you may of over tightend it when you put it back in. i just resolderd it and it updated first time

ajones1722 said:

cheers

A few mintes normally, yes a reboot is required (pull the mains lead).
Blank channels normally IRD wrong way round.

_Phat_ said:
A few mintes normally, yes a reboot is required (pull the mains lead).
Blank channels normally IRD wrong way round.
I put it in backwards? ie the 12 at the end, is that right?

Hi again
Boot box in eng menu no card in
then when it has booted
i.e no.s on the bottom of page that says looking 4 updates
Then put card in and it says plz wait
If it then says ok ird is right
Then reboot box and see if any channels

i think you are onabout the box will not update not the card if thats so you dont need the card in the box for the box to updat just have a look see if you have got a dry solder joint in the tuner

Last edited:
I find that pulling the red jumper then resetting pin in engineers menu causes the box to update.

hi mate they normaaly take under a min. but if u boot up it should come in line by time systems booted i normally leave it on free chan i.e *bc1 and then just go down sequentially to 105 andits there

Back