how long for speeding ticket

chronoman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought i may have been caught on speed camera mobile on a motorway flyover 2 weeks ago on my way to Welsh mates house
How long can they leave it beforwe they post a ticket out?

cheers chronoman

you should be ok then m8, it has to be within 14 days

3 points for an sp wont affect your insuence any mate, unless its going from 3 to 6 :)

and aye 14 days as well start counting lol./

i am sitting on 3 points from 18 months ago.
My insurance co tried to increase payments due to that last yr but i said n thank you will take my business elsewhere and suddenly the monies dropped back down even though i have never had and insurance claim in 10 yrs.
Thats over 14 days now so hopefully ok.
I was only doing 84 when i saw van and i slowed down but i thought usually when you spot them its too late.
It was also 17:30 so maybe just set as a dummy

I got stopped for no MOT on my van on 7th April and still not heard a thing, copper said i would have fine in the post ?

Does this mean i am ok ??

Cheers

I won one of these a couple of years ago :)

The NIP (notice of intended prosecution) has to be sent so that it would reasonably arrive within 14 days. The law will say that as long as it was posted (post marked) at 13 days or less that is reasonable. Plus is there are ANY postal delays in the area or bank holidays etc then they get a few more days.

Mine was postmarked (and signed) 90 days after the offence so I told them to take me to court as the offence had expired, they just went away.

Good Luck

Back