How long does it last?

kyle

Inactive User
Reaction score
How long does a modded modem usually last before it goes off? or do they just last ?
plus are there any modems which can be bought and modded to take the service?

depends on how long the person who has the original MAC pays the bill for.

and yes you can buy cloned modems but i'd just do it my self, all the help is on here mate.

If you buy a pre-modded modem. There is a chance that there maybe the modem is fucked and they try to con you lol

I've had a SB4100 with the same MAC for over a Year and still going strong :)

If you are a newbie at modem modding than aren't you likely to get caught out? I mean there can't be many people who get it right first time and if you don't get it right won't they suddenly realise somethings going on?

i don't understand to tell you the truth?

If your a n00b and you follow the instructions clearly, don't log on to there newsgroups or use e-mail which is through there servers i.e [email protected]'t go telling everyone and you should be fine mate..

I don't use their e-mail but log onto their news server. I have a Eurovox box at home but I dont even tell freinds and family about it. I think my main concern would be thinking I have followed everything to the letter and plug the modem only to find maybe I have left a talkback feature. I was checking out the Webstar 2100 tut and looking at it seems quite reasonable to manage. Mine is a Webstar DPX100, i have not seen that mentioned anywhere on here, is there a tut for it?

thanks for the replies guys and a very good point about not using email - had overlooked that point

Click the link in my signature, it's a bit of an epic tut but if you take the time to read the first few chapters, you'll have a better understanding of how eveything works, nd from there you can progress into the rest of the tut.

Back