How good were the Russians

IANB

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Shocked i really fancied Holland but they were played off the park tonight.
Arshavin was superb.

They made the Dutch look ordinary didn't they? That man is a little genius.

Now that was one underdog who definitely deserved to go through.

The dutch (except Sneijder) didnt look like they wanted it as badly as the Russians did...and dutch defenders were piss poor...only van der sar kept them in the game for as long as that.

I wonder who will buy arshaven ?

What a player 2 times as good as snieder and he is top quality.

Russians where superb and had they had him for the first few games they might of cruised the games they had... great player.

Being russian what you reckon the chelskis will have the best chance now!

If i was man u and they lose ronaldo i would deffo look to add this guy, i fear now he is way off arsenals price tagg.

that Kolodin has some shot on him was unlucky not to bag a couple in the first half then nearly got sent off till linesman stepped in a told the ref he was wrong. good game the Russians seem to be getting stonger and stronger not just national team but league teams as well a lot of cash getting spent in Russia trying to build strong teams.

so lads, what is the prediction for UEFA Super Cup: ZENIT VS MU ?

Russians where so good.. despite being unable to defend set pieces...

i am quite sad as i was supporting Holland from the start and their performances in the group surprised me..
and then the performance yday surprised me..

Sniejder was the only attacking player to threaten in open play.. Van Nistelrooy had no service... Van Persie had no impact..
I think Robben.. an out and out winger was really missed...

anyways.. Hollands defence was diabolical and without Van Der Sar in goal the game would have been over sooner..

but well done to Russia.. they fully deserved and now they have got my backing..!!

the wee fella who did all the running was immense how he done it for 120 minutes was incredible

Well Done That Man

Just to think Gus Hiddink applied to be the manager of Motherwell when he was starting out, just after Tommy McLean left us but instead we took Alex McCleish :(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Arshavin is as good as anyone at this tournament. He has been Russias and Zenits main player for the past few seasons and basically won them (Zenit) the league. Outstanding in their UEFA run as well and will be one of the top men in the Champions League next season. No surprise that Russia struggled without him in the first two games when he was suspended. Personally hope the Russians win it.

MFCGAV - didnt know he applied for the Motherwell job.Excellent manager.

I wonder who will buy arshaven ?

What a player 2 times as good as snieder and he is top quality.

Russians where superb and had they had him for the first few games they might of cruised the games they had... great player.

Being russian what you reckon the chelskis will have the best chance now!

If i was man u and they lose ronaldo i would deffo look to add this guy, i fear now he is way off arsenals price tagg.

Arsenal are poised to offer £10m for Zenit St Petersburg's wantaway star Andrei Arshavin. (The People)

Arsenal are poised to offer £10m for Zenit St Petersburg's wantaway star Andrei Arshavin. (The People)

lol... this is a joke right?!

After signing Nasri for £13mill, you think they could seriously offer just £10mill for a guy who's looking like the player of the tournament??

Even a Prem club offering £10mill for the wicked left sided guy Zhirkov (or Jerkoff as the commentators seem to love calling him!!) would probably be knocked back.

Arshavin is as good as anyone at this tournament. He has been Russias and Zenits main player for the past few seasons and basically won them (Zenit) the league. Outstanding in their UEFA run as well and will be one of the top men in the Champions League next season. No surprise that Russia struggled without him in the first two games when he was suspended. Personally hope the Russians win it.

MFCGAV - didnt know he applied for the Motherwell job.Excellent manager.

aye he applied, we took mccliesh then ole gunner solshire (spellling lol but you know who i mean) had a trail with us and mccleish said he wouldn't make anything of himself

Gus Hiddink is an excellant manager everytime i see one of his teams do well i think "If Only....."

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

lol... this is a joke right?!

After signing Nasri for £13mill, you think they could seriously offer just £10mill for a guy who's looking like the player of the tournament??

That is an old story anyway apparently we offered 10 million before the euro's began but zenit knew they would get more after the euros?

I reckon he will go for about 20 - 25 to chelski or man u.... and the only way arsenal can afford him is if we get the 25m for adebayor and 20m for hleb :)

Maybe we could offer zenit a hleb swap deal lol.

Regards
Mickie D

I thought they really played well...what a difference from the qualifying group stages because they were sh1t in the England group and only scraped through.

Great performance by them, they raised their game which is what is needed i the knockout stages.

Gotta say I am liking this tournament but I miss England at it.

I believe Chelsea are prepared to pay £20 Mil for Arshavin

Some of these games are fantastic, one of the best Euro tourneys in a long while, not the same without us in it, but the games have been so unpredictable it is so exciting.

It is impossible to pick a clear winner from the 4 left in.

I had Turkey and Italy in my sweepstake so will go for Turkey, lol.

But well done Russia, well deserved and performance of the Tourney so far, Even though I am working 12 hour shifts I get to see most matches as we a have 42" plasma on our canteen wall and we can take our breaks whenever we want (yes really, I could not believe it, I thought it was a monitor for presentations when I first wlaked in, but no, it is for us to watch tv) and we get 2x45 minute breaks, or longer if there are no main gaffers working late shifts, lol. :banana:

Russia were immense. They sliced the Dutch open on a number of occasions and game should have been over in 90mins.

Regarding Arshavin, he seems a good player but can he perform at the same level for the next 5-6 yrs?? Or is he just a one tournament wonder?? I remember Karel Poborsky having a brilliant Euro 96 for Czech and was snapped up by ManU. Failed miserably. Milan Baros was another who won the Golden Boot in one of the recent tournament's, look where he is now.

Back