How do you tell if the DBOX2 is cable or Sat!!!!!!

spen737

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just bought a Dbox2 but it seems to find no channels. I have done about 5 Dbox2 with no problems so I know al ittle about them. I bought this box off of ebay and it said it was faulty, so i took a risk to see if i could fix it, maybe the tuner or image. However I have plugged it in today and put my normal image and service files on and it does not work. So i thought i would try a service scan before i replace the tuner, but when I go into the servicescan there is nothing concerning cabel in there just astra 19.2e and diseqc 1.2. Is this box a sat Dbox2. the image is the same as my other boxes.

Can anyone help, If so can you change them to cable, If not what can i do with it. cheers

If it's cable, it will have a UHF style connector on the back, much like most UK televisions. If it's satellite, it will have an F style connector (threaded screw-on connection).

A satellite box can be flashed with a sat image and you point the dish out there. If it's a UHF style connector on the back though it could be the seller has flashed the wrong image, using sat instead of cable.

what image have you put on it?
remember autoroll on some older ones don't work and there has been some activity today.

try nextgen 14.11.2005 image.

coli25 said:
what image have you put on it?
remember autoroll on some older ones don't work and there has been some activity today.

try nextgen 14.11.2005 image.

The box does appear to have satellite software on it though, so the OP needs to tell us what sort of connection it has on the back first. If it is a satellite box he will need a satellite image not cable.

I flashed the box with the same image that I am using on my other boxes. I reflashed the box again with sporster 1.73 and on the sevicescan page it still came up with sat info not cable. The connector on the back of the box is the f type push in one not the uhf screw type. cheers

sorry about that, I have got the normal what I think cable connector on the back the push in, like on the back of the TV

A linux image can be used for sat and cable.
If the cables.xml is missing on a cable box sat is the default.
If the cable tuner is faulty and don't answer request sat is also the default.

Back