how do you modify/create/rename/dellete or add channels/favorites on tm800. plz help

casper002

Inactive User
Reaction score
well hello again ppl.
i think i breafly mentioned this prob before yet i am still stuck.

so if i give you lot a quick reminder can someone please please help .

ok , i used to have the TM600 and i could go to menu / option 6 / then edit favorit channel list. i could then create a favorite and quite easily copy channels to any given folder etc and dellete if need etc.

But how the "F" is it done in the TM800.
i have tried all ways and in all menues i can find to create a favorite list or even dellete the ones that are in.
i have read that dbedit and some others can do it , but either i am thick as pigs poop or i am missing something.

so is there a beginners guide in adding channels / removing adding or delleting etc on the TM800

i also read a bit of a post that digidude said that it could be done with the remote but i havent managed yet.

so if anyone can assist me in being able to add rename channels or favorites then i will forever be in your favor.
i also havent been able to scan a satellite thats transponder starts in its list that isnt transponding is that it freezez and dosent go any furture and stays on 0%. so any ideas on removing or editing that transponder will be welcome too.
yet i can add a transpoders channels to a satellite with no probs. but removing a transponder is another thing.

so plz plz plz gents if anyone can help then many many many thanx.
regards
dave

Re: how do you modify/create/rename/dellete or add channels/favorites on tm800. plz h

Thanx rat.
How do you heighlight an item with the remote as you say in your second link where it can be done with the remote
if not then i think i will give the rats prog a try
do you have a link for it or if not al have a look on here in the dl section
cheers
dave

Re: how do you modify/create/rename/dellete or add channels/favorites on tm800. plz h

Well i have tried and tried and still i cant create rename move or dellete favorites or channels using the remote on my tm800.
so now trying to get the rats plugin installed but having probs with that too.
i have copied the ipk file into my etc folder via ftp.
but when i go to blue and plugins and download plugins i can see some activity on the led on the usb stick that i also have the ipk files but nothing comes up either.
obviously i am doing something wrong, so can any one help me out in setting this plugin up please.
thanx ppl.
regards
dave

Ive just had a thought in some TM800 images the add/move via remote was removed, why? Nobody knows lol

what images these where at what dates I really couldn't tell you mate sorry, the IPK don't go into the ect folder mate, it goes in tmp folder
tbh I cant remember how the TM800 menus work now, you will need to search installing ipk files or something like that :)

ok,,, here we go.
i have now sussed and got the ratsplugin installed by going into telnet and puting ipkg install /tmp****.ipk
this then put the plugin on.
but i now need the next step.
can anyone tell me what i now need to do to add/remove favorites and add channels to a new favorite i hope to create.

come on lads, someone must no how to do this as i have spent almost all day trying to sus this out, but however i have came some what distance to where i was this morning
many thanx ppl and i hope someone can help.
cheers

Do it on PC and transfer. A lot easier. Drag and drop using Dreamset, not used dreamboxedit lately, but should be similar.

Well av eventualy got 1/3 of the way i want to add files in my 800
i want to say a personal thanx to rat for pointing iz in the right dirrection on things and anyone else who has helped me.
i can now add/ remove rename and add n dellete other channels to the favorites i need.
for 3 days i have pulled my hair out and grown a few new grey ones.
but am gona say that without this forum's help that i would not have got to where i wanted to be without it's help.
so to all involved i wana say a big

Back