How do you know how long you have to wait for your next download?

joeblaze

DW Regular
Reaction score
Is there a countdown somewhere I can check or a way to work it out? when you open pictures or documents other users posts does that count towards the downloads. if so do you think should be changed i think it should but im new here so it just my thinking but it might not count so im talking a bit f rubbish.

i downloaded the wrong thing now i have to wait to download the right thing and i was wanting to know how to find out when the time is up, there should be a countdown or something lol im impatient as fk lol

ive got over 20 points mate it says 5 downloads a day. ive only done 3 cause i downloaded a firmware and stupidly looked at 2 pictures that i uploaded meself so i dont know if they are counted. does that count as a download? me looking at my own pictures i mean

i forgot i did download a document too but yeah i can wait rules is rules

cheers napster

FFs just here and you want the rules changed to suit your download needs lol. Did you not keep the receipt ? You could have returned it for a refund as long as it was unopened :)

hahah i know mate im just moaning cause i gave the wrong info to the person who was giving me help which led to me downloading the wrong file that i need lol. all my own fault. but is looking at a picture or document someone has posted really the same as downloading a firmwares or plugins you might need or want? i posted some pictures for the other user who was good helping me because i asked him to help me find what firmwares i need. but i opened one of my own pictures to make sure it was the right pic i posted. did that count as a download? if it did, should it really?. this is the first forum i have used really so dont hold back putting me right.

Is this more moaning? hah

btw i really loving the site

Last edited:
The search function on this site still works lol

Plus the knowledge with the members on here are amazing you picked the best place to come :)

DW rocks !!!!

i wasnt 100% sure what i needed to search for or download mate im a novice with this boxes. its a friends, its probably old but he ask me if i could do anything to get it sorted so if all it takes is to update a bit of software to get it sorted then yeah i could do that i reckon. of course with a bit of advices from the experts here if they are willing or happy enough to offer their advices.

plus me doing this for me buddy led to me find this site which ive spend a lot of time reading through different sections since i found it and yeh im happy to have found it

so have you managed to flash the box ok yet?

Plus the knowledge with the members on here are amazing you picked the best place to come :)

DW rocks !!!!

yeah mate the advice and friendliness of the users i have interacted with so far has been brill. im reading through sections and questions I have no need to and some of the threads i have read make me want to go out and buy these items and try out the advices and things i am reading and learning about plus there are the other sections that are for a bit of fun theres a bit of everything and i really cant think of any thing i can seriously complain or argue about. my other posts at the start of this thread is really just me moaning because i made a mistake of my own fault. im glad to find a site that i cant spend so much time on it hard to find a site that really gets your interest. or i find it hard to anyway

not yet im only been awake for a few hours. was out last night didn't get home until about half 9 this morning lol. feeling week man so im having a few hours to get me head sorted. need a few more blasts of me vaporiser and another few cuppas then im gonna give it a go. im staying up to watch the ufc later anyway so i have a few hrs to wait for that. not sure if my 24 hrs to download the file i need is over yet though.

well get the box flashed and then ask for help m8

have you checked youtube yet how do i flash my box ?

that's the easy bit and the knowledge is here to help you on your quest CCcam ect

Last edited:
I do understand what Joe is saying though.
If somebody posts a picture in 1 of the threads and you view it then its classed as a download which comes off a new starters download privileges?
Am i right here? Because that could be frustrating.

have you checked youtube yet how do i flash my box ?

that's the easy bit and the knowledge is here to help you on your quest CCcam ect

yeah i think ive got that bit sorted, so far my problem has been identifying the exact model the box in order to find the right firmwares. but yes i have watched many videos and i did think it was worth using a download to download the guide that @Ferret has posted just to make sure i knew the score. i was only able to get part 1 so far cause i think i wasted 1 looking at me own pic i posted but will be getting part 2 as well when i earn enough download. then move on to the next stage. tbh i think yous guys have it right about earning the downloads but looking at a picture and counting it as a download don't seem to be right specially if it was me own picture but rules is rules and ive enjoyed it mate ive found the site ive learned a few things in a short space of time and me mate will hopefully get a working box back and ive found this site as a bonus for meself.

Ferret been great with me even after it turn out i gave him the wrong info when he was trying to give me the help

deffo @Kryton m8 but giving privileges is quite hard work on the settings
Most come for a quick fix and never seen again ect?

I hear you mate and think the rules are needed to stop scroungers.

But once your granted download privileges it shouldnt be made harder just for viewing picture attachments.
But ive never ran a forum so i can imagine how hard it is to determine these settings

Maybe or hopefully this is something that can be looked into?
I dont think its anything to do with the new forum software
I recommended somebody to the forum years ago and he couldnt view pictures unless he had 5 posts...
Viewing pics and downloading should be 2 different things

I hear you mate and think the rules are needed to stop scroungers.

But once your granted download privileges it shouldnt be made harder just for viewing picture attachments.
But ive never ran a forum so i can imagine how hard it is to determine these settings

Maybe or hopefully this is something that can be looked into?
I dont think its anything to do with the new forum software
I recommended somebody to the forum years ago and he couldnt view pictures unless he had 5 posts...
Viewing pics and downloading should be 2 different things

when you think of what you are getting from the site earning the right to download the things you need shouldnt be something to complain about but i am a moany b. but when i realised i had to wait another 24 hrs just cause i looked at me own picture i wont lie it did frustrate the hell outta me but fk it its worth waiting for.

are yous watching the ufc that guy got knocked out clean out. i know its a sport but sometimes i feel sorry for the guys getting the bad beatings but im sure the pay check softens the blows a bit

are yous watching the ufc that guy got knocked out clean out. i know its a sport but sometimes i feel sorry for the guys getting the bad beatings but im sure the pay check softens the blows a bit

Ive got my 16 year old son staying with me tonight armed with his PS4 so the only thing ive seen tonight is "Fortnite"
Ive had to buy some tramp juice from the local off license to numb the pain lol

Last edited:
Back