How do u retrieve ird/bk from au funcard?

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I haven't seen this question asked b4 but if it has then please accept my apologies. I have a problem with my pc which resulted in me deciding to format the damn thing. I thought I had saved all the important data to my external hard drives but forgot to save some bk/ird data.
I have 3 boxes which I have lost the data for but they currently have ex au funcards in them.
I decided to try and read an au fun from a box that I have saved the data from. The ird and bk is in the ext.eeprom file. When I read this file and saved it, I opened nagraedit to read it. I was informed that the codespace was too big and nagraedit closed the comport. The bin file had grown from its' original 8kb to 23kb.
Can anyone steer me in the right direction please? I don't particularly want to go through the led simm routine with these again, as it would not work with one of them. I had to use the xoltmeter method instead.

Regards.............Chookey​

chookey said:
Hi all,
I haven't seen this question asked b4 but if it has then please accept my apologies. I have a problem with my pc which resulted in me deciding to format the damn thing. I thought I had saved all the important data to my external hard drives but forgot to save some bk/ird data.
I have 3 boxes which I have lost the data for but they currently have ex au funcards in them.
I decided to try and read an au fun from a box that I have saved the data from. The ird and bk is in the ext.eeprom file. When I read this file and saved it, I opened nagraedit to read it. I was informed that the codespace was too big and nagraedit closed the comport. The bin file had grown from its' original 8kb to 23kb.
Can anyone steer me in the right direction please? I don't particularly want to go through the led simm routine with these again, as it would not work with one of them. I had to use the xoltmeter method instead.

Regards.............Chookey​

Give this a try .... http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showpost.php?p=405365&postcount=1

Cheers Fatblerk,
no joy though. You can only load hex files into that programme and the ird and bk were saved into a bin file for the au funcard.

Thanks anyway...............Chookey​

Hi
When the box comes up change it to rom 11
Then click ok or it could be a rom 10 image or
Change the file ext from bin to bn11 or it could be bn10
Then try again in nagra 4.1

Last edited:
You could try and drag the file over swapbinhex and use toxic to read

Thavks for your suggestions lads, I will try them a little later and let you know. I have a more pressing problem at the moment, a 4001 stuck in tune. Well. here goes..........

Regards..........Chookey​

read the ext eeprom with funprogrammer. save it. drop it onto swapbinhex and load the bin file into nagraedit when promtped for file type choose rom10.
all info will be visible in data editor.

u can get the from your flash hex

line no 101c4 holds yor ird number

line no 101cf holds your box key number

hope this hels:Cheers:

sandr23 said:
u can get the from your flash hex

line no 101c4 holds yor ird number

line no 101cf holds your box key number

hope this hels:Cheers:
the header here is AU FUNCARD!!

TWOBEERCANS said:
read the ext eeprom with funprogrammer. save it. drop it onto swapbinhex and load the bin file into nagraedit when promtped for file type choose rom10.
all info will be visible in data editor.

Cheers m8, smack on again.Saved me a lot of grief.

Regards..........Chookey​

Back