how do u put new games on your hdd?

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have wiiflow installed and around 300 games on an external hdd (thx danny) how do i put new games on it and what format are they. ive been reading here and cant see any tuts. so i think im missing something or looking for the wrong thing. any links or tuts would be appreciated thx.

how is it formatted?

i use WBFS Manager - download the ISO then use WBFS manager to upload it to the drive. I've heard Configurable USB Loader can support Fat32 though...

Mate, can either of these do legit and/or discs I have already got?

I think I tried the first one of these apps a while ago on Mario Kart, but never had any luck with it. My lad is now happily using the HDD system, but he's still got a few on disc that could do with going on the HDD.

The HDD is WBFS.

I know I could re grab them, but seems a bit poinless, especially as my NZB account is a per quota basis, rather than unlimited etc.

Cheers bud.

Mate, can either of these do legit and/or discs I have already got?

I think I tried the first one of these apps a while ago on Mario Kart, but never had any luck with it. My lad is now happily using the HDD system, but he's still got a few on disc that could do with going on the HDD.

The HDD is WBFS.

I know I could re grab them, but seems a bit poinless, especially as my NZB account is a per quota basis, rather than unlimited etc.

Cheers bud.
no m8 they cant, but you can through usbloader

What usbloader you using?

if its usbloader gx just insert disc while in gx and it will do the rest

Last edited:
if you use configurable usbloader fat32 you insert the dvd and press the plus sign on the wiimote takes about 12/15 mins does original or copy games then download the 3d cover by pressing 1 then 2

edogg

no m8 they cant, but you can through usbloader

What usbloader you using?

if its usbloader gx just insert disc while in gx and it will do the rest

Thanks for that mate. Yeah it's GX I use, my lad found that easier than Config_Loader.

I'll try and find time to have a go tomorrow and see how it goes.

BTW. Over the last few days, GX has been a bit flaky. EG. Starting it from the Wii dashboard it doesn't always load up, either sitting on just a black screen, or eventually going to the "slow USB" screen, and then falling over again. Only way to sort it is holding the power button, even then sometimes it still won't load, and I have to pull the HDD out and plug it back in. It's almost like the HDD isn't waking up?

Thanks @ EDogg as well.

hi you cant have set up config usb loader properly with the forwarder if your kid noticed gx was easier all my grandkids use config you just put the dvd in click on the forwarder and when it has loaded all your games are displayed like a jukebox which can be changed to be in line or a turn table effect with the wiimote

edogg

ok, just had a look (eventually) it has iso dump. do i need to burn the iso first or can i put the iso on the sd card then do it? sorry for not coming back sooner but my kids are glued to the thing seeing as they are of school and up l8.

hi you cant have set up config usb loader properly with the forwarder if your kid noticed gx was easier all my grandkids use config you just put the dvd in click on the forwarder and when it has loaded all your games are displayed like a jukebox which can be changed to be in line or a turn table effect with the wiimote

edogg

I set it up fine m8, and it worked fine off the USB HDD, my young'un just preferred GX for it's GUI and layout I suppose. Couldn't give a toss myself, so long as it works.

have just done daughters wii have got games working on hdd its wbfs formated im loading games with neogamma r7 the one in ballys easy 4.2 guide can i update this to r8 or wot ever is latest and will it rip games to hard drive?also can i have more than one loader ie config usb and neogamma on sd card at same time or is it one or the other ne help appreciated nething to stop the 6yr daughter winging at me lol cheers

have just done daughters wii have got games working on hdd its wbfs formated im loading games with neogamma r7 the one in ballys easy 4.2 guide can i update this to r8 or wot ever is latest and will it rip games to hard drive?also can i have more than one loader ie config usb and neogamma on sd card at same time or is it one or the other ne help appreciated nething to stop the 6yr daughter winging at me lol cheers

hi i would advise you to change to configurable usbloader and use the fat32 version the loader goes on the harddrive so there is no need to keep the sd card in the wii, this will put new games in a wsfb folder on a fat 32 harddrive, so the drive can be used for other formats ie films or xbox also it is possible to have the games displayed as a juke box

edogg

Can configurable usbloader use wbfs format also or is it just fat32?

Can configurable usbloader use wbfs format also or is it just fat32?

yes it can use wbfs just get that version rather than the fat32 version

edogg

Back