How do I reset (short) battery on sammy 2100c

Superflous

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all, i've had a search around and couldn't find my answer to this.

How do I actually short the battery (like pullin the red jumper) in a Sammy 2100.

I live in Pure NTHell but the box is from ex c&w

I believe that I can use a funcard to set the net id in the box then it will work properly for me, right?

I am unlocking the card now to get the bk and ird.

cheers

cric2k said:
Hi all, i've had a search around and couldn't find my answer to this.

How do I actually short the battery (like pullin the red jumper) in a Sammy 2100.

I live in Pure NTHell but the box is from ex c&w

I believe that I can use a funcard to set the net id in the box then it will work properly for me, right?

I am unlocking the card now to get the bk and ird.

cheers

HiYa,

Get yourself a peice of wire, (stb disconnected from the mains) and hold the wire on the battery + & - for 10/20 secs.
If your pure Nthell then Net Id etc will set itsself.

Put the stb on the cable feed and let it take the update, then you will beable to go into the EM and set ya pin

Last edited:
cheers satch, the box itself is from ex c&w - does this affect anything?

I just updated the network id using the funcard method without reseting the battery - the thing still doesn't seem to want to work though :-(

cric2k said:

I just updated the network id using the funcard method without reseting the battery - the thing still doesn't seem to want to work though :-(

Hi,

It may affect it as its still got C & W firmware on it?

I'd sort the battery M8.

I did one for the first time yesterday and it wouldn't go into the EM until it had updated on stream.

I've not tried the funcard method to set Net I'd as yet as always does it it's self.

yeah it still has cable and wireless firmware on it

says docsis in interactive menu thingy.

I accidently updated to the wrong network ID (i put 65 in instead of 21) when I try put 21 in now, nothing happens ffs

jus my luck - i'll probably have to buy a jtag

cric2k said:

U need to short battery .

i reset the battery - i went straight into eng menu then stuck my funcard in to update my net id

the thing rebooted itself then i quickly pulled out the fun and stuck in my MOSC.

10 minutes later i'm now boogying to MTV dance

happy days got it fixed!

cric2k said:
i reset the battery - i went straight into eng menu then stuck my funcard in to update my net id

the thing rebooted itself then i quickly pulled out the fun and stuck in my MOSC.

10 minutes later i'm now boogying to MTV dance

happy days got it fixed!

HiYa,

:banana: Well Done M8 Glad You Got It Sorted.:banana:

1. get a piece of wire and touch one end to case metal part(tuner can)
2. breifly touch the + end of the battery and thats it
3. if u r in pure hell area then the box will auto set id
4. its easy to jtag samy

hmm which sort of wire can be used like could a jtag wire be used to short the battery...

taffyss said:
hmm which sort of wire can be used like could a jtag wire be used to short the battery...

Hi All,

@taffyss Yes M8 you can use that piece of wire.

to reset the pin you can hold it for 2 secs to do both net id and pin hold it a bit longer 10 secs

just thought id tell you for future reference :)

ok i shorted the battry when i connect the box upto cable feed all i see on the sammy is ld 20 and then ld 30 then stays there and goes back to ld20 it just keeps doing that and on the tv it shows ntl home..

hi mate,

that means its tuning, some times it can take a while but usually works itself out within 10 minutes

ohh lucky i was just gonna switch it off i shall let it be then hopefully it does work it self it out :p.. cool it worked :p

Last edited:
Back