how do i record using Neutrino

I must admit, I have to agree with you.

I've tried to do a direct file record this evening and it tells it is write protected. Now I know allot about recording using this method, I got this working on just about every dbox2 image except boxcracker. With boxcracker you have no choice but to use dboxwinserver.

So next I tried using dboxwinserver and there is problems with this to. First of all you get a black screen during record, it creates a file on my PC during record but it contains nonsense. There is nothing in in to play back.

The way to get rid of the black screen on a dbox2 is to use spts mode. But this mode doesn't exist neutrino for dm500-c.

I think this image is not quite complete yet when it comes to recording but I must say that the rest of the image is looking good so I hope they keep up the good work.

Trooper

thanks for reply

do you know how i can stream to pc so can watch on pc as well?

@pothead130

As frenchman pointed out you can use ngrab, I can't tell you much about this program as I don't use it. It makes some other programs of mine unstable.

If you just want to stream to your PC you can try downloading a program call VLC (Video Lan), I believe its a sourceforge project. I can't think of a download site for it but you could just google for it.

The version your after is 0.8.2 and when you install you need to select the ActiveX component.

Then you can stream via the dreambox web interface. From the main web click on Live button.

Enjoy

Trooperboy

pothead130 said:
i got it going using vlc using directshow but getting realy weird noise

ignore last post as i had output conected to pc card so thats not what i want todo

Try opening up your web browser and going to the address:

http://ip.of.your.dreambox/

At the top of the browser you should have a button called live. Click on that and if your have installed vlc correctly you should now have a video window come up with the channel your dreambox is on.

trooperboy

trooperboy said:
Try opening up your web browser and going to the address:

http://ip.of.your.dreambox/

At the top of the browser you should have a button called live. Click on that and if your have installed vlc correctly you should now have a video window come up with the channel your dreambox is on.

trooperboy

thanks got it going but does take few trys though (have keep pressing live untill get picture) or i see the trafic cone anyway everything looking good great picture quality but after five or 10 mins the picture and sound starts breaking up. are ther any other setting i need to set like allowing ports
rts via router or ther something i need to do via dreambox

cheers

There are no settings that I know of to tweek the video coming through the web interface. If your running XP you could try disabling in built firewall and see if it makes any difference.

There is another way you can stream video, I used it for a while with a dbox2. I think the program was called WinGrabTV you'll have to search around for it, it can stream video to vlc however it only worked with vlc version 0.7.2 so you would have to down grade your vlc.

As far I can remember is was pretty easy to set up, try doing a search on the dbox2 forum and see what results come up. It been a while since I used it.

i can confirm wingrabtv works as this is what i use

Back