How do i break a car for spares to sell?

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
after paying 5 grand for a car, spending another 4 grand on repairs, it was finally written off as beyond economical repair. the insurance offered to pay me out 12oo quid, but said my policy would rise by at least 1400 the next year (business insurance) so i finally thought fook it, and phoned some breakers yards to come and collect it, best price i was offered was 200 quid.

things i should mention

the engine has been completley rebuilt, top and bottom of it, and has done less than 1000 miles since
it has 5 new 195/65/15 tyres
it has a net cat convertor, that i still have the receipt for for just over 600 quid
it is in mint condition
not a single dent or scratch anywhere on it
every sensor on the car for the engine management has been replaced

they have just left, and i still have the car, they offered me fookin 85 quid, said it was worth no more than that. ive seen one fookin wing mirror on ebay for 30 quid!!!

so what i intend to do now is take it apart myself and sell the bits, but how would i go about doing this, advertising it etc

PS, if anyone needs parts for an 02 daewoo tacuma, just shout lol

did think about ebay, but their fees and aftercare are total w@nk lol

did think about ebay, but their fees and aftercare are total w@nk lol

If you're lucky, you can end it before the end of the auction if an interested buyer approaches you and miss the massive whack at the end on the fees!

Just list a bolt starting price £5, place one picture of bolt (free) then in words say your breaking the whole car for parts or selling the whole thing as spares or repairs, nobody will buy the bolt for a fiver so you get charged min insertion fee's :)

Hi what parts do you still have ?
What size engine/model ?
I need an engine ,gearbox + front exhaust downpipe
Thanks

i ended up scrapping the silver bag of korean shite

tacuma, a tidy family car, thatll be the fookin daewoo

id NEVER buy one again, ever

i ended up scrapping the silver bag of korean shite

tacuma, a tidy family car, thatll be the fookin daewoo

id NEVER buy one again, ever

why on earth did u buy one in the first place?? lol never even heard of it. werent there any other cars available? lol

infact, where did you even manage to find one??

Back