How do i back up an image

harveybham

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi people i think its time i put on a new image as i am using sportster uk04 which is out of date and is starting to freeze a lot on me as when i was watching the man utd vs west ham game it just kept freezing and i had to change channel back and fourth to get it back working. But as im a newbie i was wondering before i put any image on there at all how do i save my current image onto my computer hard drive so if anyting did happen at least i could recover it and put it back on

cheers
harvey

not sure off the top off my head but i think you need dbox bootmanager should be available in the downloads

Press:

dbox, 6 (Service Menu), Image backup/restore (or expert functions), Flash read write, read one partition, flash without bootloader.

The restored image is now in your tmp menu but will disappear if you reboot.

If you like the sportster image I would suggest trying my new image in here:

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59423

de_deej

hey harveybham
this isn't too difficult
from the remote,

go into service
find "read one partition" mines under sotfware update/expert functions but this varies with the image used
select flash without bootloader

the image will be stored as mtd3.img in tmp and will be about 6meg
use flash fxp or something to access that folder and transfer

good luck

beat me to it de_deej

cheers for the reply lads ! yh i thought it was to do something with the menu in Dbox just was not sure how to transfer inmage back , yh de deej your image looks brilliant will give it a try soon

harveybham said:
hi people i think its time i put on a new image as i am using sportster uk04 which is out of date and is starting to freeze a lot on me as when i was watching the man utd vs west ham game it just kept freezing and i had to change channel back and fourth to get it back working. But as im a newbie i was wondering before i put any image on there at all how do i save my current image onto my computer hard drive so if anyting did happen at least i could recover it and put it back on

cheers
harvey

had same problem but all you need is to change the ucode

Back