How are the streets where you are?

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A few videos are circulating on YT & the like showing empty streets (which is good), how is it where you are?

This is Edinburgh (my home town but I'm not there now).
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is where I am now.

I've been into our local town this morning we used the visit as our exercise and also to go and get some stuff from the supermarkets. I live near a big asda so decided not to go there so went into town hoping it would be quieter. It was quiet very few people wandering around and very easy to stay 2m away from anybody. Went to morrisons and i stayed outside whilst other haft went in but loads of people where going in two's. Next we went to sainsburys and no queue's. most people staying 2m away from each other.

I dont quite get why if you are living together, so are probably in close proximity all day. Then why when you go out do you nneed to be 2 metres apart? seems like that is just taking up un needed space?

I believe the idea is to stay 2m away from anyone in your household who is showing some symptoms of the virus. No symptoms then 2m doesn't apply unless you are outdoors and the other person/persons are not members of your household.
Not difficult

I believe the idea is to stay 2m away from anyone in your household who is showing some symptoms of the virus. No symptoms then 2m doesn't apply unless you are outdoors and the other person/persons are not members of your household.
Not difficult
Not difficult for many of us, but the 'rules' have to be simple enough for everyone to understand even if they seem illogical to the thinkers.

Not difficult for many of us, but the 'rules' have to be simple enough for everyone to understand even if they seem illogical to the thinkers.
True enough, after all it appears that a lot of Brits have took the 2m rule to mean Let's have a barbecue and invite all our friends 😂
The Govt. really needs to make it clearer.

True enough, after all it appears that a lot of Brits have took the 2m rule to mean Let's have a barbecue and invite all our friends 😂
The Govt. really needs to make it clearer.
Just seen a message on FB asking "is it alright to start taking showers now or do we just carry on washing our hands?" The Government need to also make the hand washing message a little clearer 😂

I went for a walk on the country lane I live on today for 15 mins and I seen over 30 people. Had to go back.

The dog was not happy

I've not ventured out for a week. I've only been to the gate and back. Ive gotta head out tomorrow to Tesco's for some bits and pick a prescription up from the chemist in the Teaco store so 2 birds 1 stone.
You watch, every fcuker within a 5 mile radius will heading there at the exact same time as me.

I'm sure that 2 metre will suddenly become 2cm as soon as I enter the store coughing and splurting like a knackered sprinkler

A few videos are circulating on YT & the like showing empty streets (which is good), how is it where you are?

This is Edinburgh (my home town but I'm not there now).

This is where I am now.

In my City, Streets are normal, while People dont. Everyone looks at you like you want to infect them with corona. Iam scared to sneese these days! :)

Misses is a nurse and had to go through 3 police/garda checkpoints during her 10 commute today.

After she showed them her ID they still asked her where she was going.

Not been out for over a week, just trying to be careful. Eldest has set up a swopshop on whatsapp so if someone need something othere may have it spare.
That sounds like a great idea

On my journey to work i travel though lots of fields with open countryside and there seems to be of people out and about and more cars on the roads. We spoke with our factory in Italy today and they are in complete lock down not even allowed out to exercise. I've seen our local council saying they are closing council run parks tonight onwards. I think its going to need a further lock down here before it gets better. I hope we are ready.

Mr DHL driver has just been into our factory and has told me the cops are pulling people over outside on the main road. Guess they are checking peoples reasons for travel. lucky all our staff have letters saying we are key workers in the rail supply chain.

I've not been out for 13 days, it's very quiet where I live, the odd person walking their dog and the odd jogger, not many cars, going out tomorrow for money.

people here don't seam to understand its a lockdown,but still much the same here.people out walking ,dogs getting walked,people having chats,when they lose people they will understand,If your going to get it your going to get it ,you might feel like the flu.
keep safe to all.

Back