house of the dead 2/3 and wii probs

maggot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey,

First off thanks for looking i have had my current wii for a few months never had any real probs the odd once in a blue moon where i have had to turn it off and back on because it didnt read the disk. now 2 weeks ago i got a copy of house of the living dead 2/3 returns from whsmiths got it home and it read the disk then when u clicked on the start button it gave me a black screen with an error on it saying error on disk or somet like that please turn off the console and reinsert the disk. at first i thought my wii had broke took it to toys r us where to my amazment they said it was fine as all there tester disks worked fine and as soon as they put my game in it caused the problem therefor i had a faulty disk fast fwd a week just got back from a week away very nice it was to went to smiths exchanged the game for a new one got it home same sodding problem tryed another game in seems fine ???? is there a dodgy batch of this game or is it a problem with my wii ???? oh yeah and when it does cause the error the wii makes a clicking sound any help would be great

thanks

is the wii chipped?

if so, what chip?

is wii on 3.2E

if chipped, is it up to date?

update the wii to 3.2E using the internet.

then you are on latest wii firmware.

If other games have the same problem your laser is knackered.

If you don't get other issues with other games, I'd take the game back and get another copy and try that

If other games have the same problem your laser is knackered.

If you don't get other issues with other games, I'd take the game back and get another copy and try that

i already did that as i explained mate :(

i already did that as i explained mate :(

I should read the full post first! The clicking is the laser failing to read the disk. Must be a dodgy batch in my opinion. Is it worth speaking to Sega about it. See if there is a general problem?

If other games are working ok then it's not your laser.

I should read the full post first! The clicking is the laser failing to read the disk. Must be a dodgy batch in my opinion. Is it worth speaking to Sega about it. See if there is a general problem?

If other games are working ok then it's not your laser.

I have read else where about a dodgy batch of wiis that have dirty lenses and that cant read the dual data cd roms is a big problem from what i can gather does anyone else know anything else about this as its starting to worry me a little if the shop i got it from wont replace a console with an "intermitent problem" that i cant prove

i get this on a copy ive downloaded....as soon as press start ...just black screen then says clean disk bla bla bla

well saying that i just put it back in and it started working.....disk must be dodgey....

Last edited:
Back