House move SKY Q

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hope your all safe and well!

I am moving house and will be moving to a temporary house for a week or so in between sale and purchase.

Both the temporary house and the new house have sky Q LNB.

my question is, Can I just buy a sky q lnb and swap it over at both properties? I am assuming that the fact a sky q lnb exists is because sky q will not work with a sky plus lnb?

and finally, where would be the best/cheapest place to buy what i need?

many thanks

If you already own a Sky + box wouldn't you be best buying a standard lnb and attaching it to the dish?

Sorry, i made a right balls of the question. The houses have sky + lnb . I have sky q.

I don’t know about the fixing and if it would just work. Would I need to fit a new dish as well as the lnb?

No expert on Sky Rawsy but I'm pretty sure the dish is the same and it's just the lnb that needs replacing. Can't you just remove your existing Q lnb and take it with you?

No expert on Sky Rawsy but I'm pretty sure the dish is the same and it's just the lnb that needs replacing. Can't you just remove your existing Q lnb and take it with you?
It would be a pain getting ladders to be able to. And it wouldn’t be that nice on the buyer of my house. A kind person on here has offered me a sky q lnb so I am sorted now.

I have not messed with a dish in years. I only questioned it as when I got sky q, the engineer swapped the dish for some reason. So I wasn’t sure if the fixings were different.

many thanks

Back