Homeplug Homeplugs

Napster

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok need little advise I have 2 x solo2 with cable tuner plugged in 1 is plugged direct to router and other is homeplugs, the one with home plugs keeps glichig some night really bad the one direct is solid, is this because homeplugs is going via extension lead

Cheers

Extension Leads with Anti Surge Protection can cause issues with Power Plugs/HomePlugs you are better off with the old type with no filtering for this function, also the question do you trust you are not going to get a surge this is what you have to decide.

Swap boxes around and see if the glitching stops [emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Homeplugs do power down and go into sleep mode. My older homeplugs were by zyxel and they supplied a program to configure the device not to power down. Maybe this is the problem?

Another Idea is to change the power adapter your using, not because it may be anti-surge, just it might be old or faulty.

I read that homeplugs with passthrough are best option still, ideally, plugged into mains socket rather than any trailing extension.

I read that homeplugs with passthrough are best option still, ideally, plugged into mains socket rather than any trailing extension.
Homeplug arrived today and was very easy to add to my homeplug network and so far connection is fine and transfer speed to HD via network is very fast almost as fast as direct connection to router :)

Just an update I noticed it was still freezing but it's not network related it's the image if you go up a channel and back to channel it's fine, so flashed OpenATV and so far it's been OK but only time will tell.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Back